catlover1
Right now would be time for Cody's medicine...I hate when I look at the clock and realize it was medicine time. He only was on this horrible 3x a day schedule for a few months so I try to tell myself that this was NOT always medicine time but it is still hard...
Quote 0 0
Sadiesmom061308
I know what you mean . I have come to hate the times Sadie would have to take medicine. She had to take it for about a year. Then was on sub q fluids for a few months. We just have to try and remember that we did the best we could for them. One day at s time. I wish you peace.
Quote 0 0
catlover1
Thank you Sadies mom. Cody started medicine in 2014 and it was just Cisipride twice a day 10am and 10pm and then a little bit of Lactolose mixed in with his wet food at night (which he didnt even notice). He did not mind this routine at all...From Jan 2015-September 2015 he was doing so good on his subscription food that he loved that he did not even need any medicine..score!!..October 2015 must have been when the cancer spread since he stopped eating as much of his prescription food and thats when he had to get medicine 3x a day...9am, 4pm, 11:30pm... (and the few days before he died he had to take 2 doses a day of something that was supposed to help make the surgery go smoother)

I am trying to remember the majority of 2015 when he did not need any medicine at all as those were the best recent times! 

I feel so bad that Sadie needed fluids- that must have been terrible for the both of you. Our furbabies are at peace now with no more vet visits or medicines. 
Quote 0 0
camunki
oooh the medicine, i know of all too well. I have my pets on the counter right now and it has been 15 pluse weeks, the pills are all in a box......Bless your lil' Cody, your angel above....

Cam

Cam

Quote 0 0
catlover1
Thank you, Cam. We miss him a lot. Time does not seem to be helping at all.
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
I know how you feel, we had to give our dog Jim tablets each morning for his last 3 years and he absolutely hated taking them - the only way he`d take them was either in a piece of chicken, or pushed into a piece of cheese, and sometimes he`d even spit that out. 

Just another sad little reminder of how we miss them so much.
                         Jackie.

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Jenny_Fuzz
The change in daily and weekly routines are hard to get through. Every other Friday I had to leave work early and rush home to get my Fuzz to the vet for his depo shot. It's going to be really odd not having to rush home on Friday's anymore. Sundays I would clean his water fountain and food tray. Tomorrow is the first Sunday I wont have to do that. I hope you can think of the times before the medicine. 
Jenny
Quote 0 0
catlover1
I am really trying to think of the periods of time when he did not need medicine. My work schedule was also based around his medicine and to be honest right now I do not feel right changing it up because it seems like I am moving on without him. I know we have to move on without our babies but it is not something I can handle right now. 
Quote 0 0
Evie123
Oh catlover, so true, another of the daily activities which have become so ingrained that it's painful knowing that we don't have to them any more. There are so many little rituals, like saving the last few mouthfuls of a meal, filling up the water ball, putting a tablet in a piece of ham and so many more. Mollys medicine is in the cupboard and it's so upsetting seeing some tablets and syrup left but I can't bear to move them. X
Quote 0 0