Mary_Jane
It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since my little Molly left. I have so desperately wanted a sign from her, but haven't expected anything. I'm not a "spiritual" person, having grown up in a world of science requiring hard evidence for anything to be believed. I always try to mantain a belief and faith in God, even though events make me call this into question at times.

On Thursday evening I collected Molly's ashes. It was harder than I expected and I broke down as I got into the car and carefully placed the box on the seat beside me. I turned on the radio, to hear "what's new, pussy cat" playing. At first it seemed like a cruel joke, but then I had a fleeting wonder if it was a sign to tell me to "lighten up, she's ok".

Yesterday morning I got up to darkness, wind and rain. I suddenly realised that Molly had died on a Sunday. A holy day. I vaguely wondered what day of the week she'd been born. I felt very, very low but forced myself into work. At lunch time I drove a short way to a beautiful quiet spot by a country church. The sky had cleared and the sun was shining. As I sat there in the car, I remembered my earlier thought and grabbed my phone to check the calendar. Scrolling back to 2007, I felt a tinge of something special as I discovered that yes, Molly had been born on a Sunday too. As I set my phone down, I saw a tiny, single strand of white fur in my hand. Mable has no white, so it must have been Molly's. Sitting by the church in the quiet sun, I felt surer than ever that Molly was truly a gift from God, and all that had happened was that he had called her home. I felt a fleeting sense of peace and acceptance. A much needed break from the otherwise dark and despairing world I am living.

Maybe this was all just a coincidence, but I do wonder? Maybe it was a sign from Molly, or maybe a sign from God. I'd love to hear your thoughts.
"If the sky comes falling down, for you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do"
Quote 0 0
Catladykaren
How wonderful to experience all of these little moments in one day, surely it means something! I am regrettably lacking a sense of spirituality yet so desperately seeking to believe. So I look forward to others' thoughts on your experience as well. I think it was very special, and seems to be a truly heart warming moment of love and peace. Thank you for sharing.
Love is eternal....
Quote 0 0
bear62
Whatever it was Mary_Jane, it was wonderful. I hope that you cling to it, because there is no doubt at all that Molly was and still is a gift from God.
 This morning as I was waking I heard Fuzz bark, It was right on the cusp of waking so it sounded real but I realized I was still in a dream state. No matter though it was really good to hear her and even if it just came from my brain, it is comforting to me to know that the memory is so strong that it can replicate the bark perfectly. I am happy that you had a sense of peace , I too have been trying to find some acceptance by weighing the grief against the great privilege that I was given when Fuzz came into my life and the positive impact that she had.

Blessings of peace to you.
Quote 0 0
Tail11
It was a good sign. I hear Whisper's necklace jingling occasionally. I just know she's visiting. Tell your heart your sweet baby is safe and is with you always in your heart.

Sending warm thoughts.
Quote 0 0
Mary_Jane
Thank you Tail11, bear62 and Catladykaren for your responses. I don't know what it was, and I would not have found it strange but for the piece of white fur in my hand. I was a lovely moment and I am hoping and praying that we all get some signs from our babies to let us know that they are ok. I do believe Molly, and all our babies, were gifts. Molly had a lot of health issues in her short life, although fortunately was well most of the time. Someone said "you were just unlucky picking her". I wasnt! I was so, so lucky picking her. I couldn't have wished for a more loving, gentle, sweet little girl and I wouldn't change a moment of it. I think this goes for all of us here, that however dreadful the end was, we would not have changed the time we had with them to spare ourselves this grief. Love and hugs to you all xxx
"If the sky comes falling down, for you, there's nothing in this world I wouldn't do"
Quote 0 0
Seamus
I actually believe Smokey is showing up here every now and again, for example I was leading my other boy Bandit out to the back of the house and was trailing a string with some feathers tied on which he likes to chase, however whilst I was walking along Bandit was nowhere near the string and it suddenly went taunt and then slack again. This should not have been possible due to the fact that Bandit was nowhere near the string and the concrete was smooth, I instantly called to smokey because it was just like something he would have done step on the feathers and then let go.
Quote 0 0
Mary_Jane
Oh Seamus that's lovely and I really hope it is a sign that Smokey is ok and is playing! I've just ordered a book about all this, am hoping it will bring some hope and comfort that I can share with others here
Quote 0 0
AllysMom
Mary Jane,

What a beautiful story!  I truly believe what you experienced was a sign.  Who knows if it was from Molly or from God, but it was a sign to let you know that Molly is fine, she is still near you and she loves you.

Ally's Mom - Karen
Quote 0 0
Mary_Jane
Thank you so much Allysmom. I really appreciate what you said and needed to hear it. Thank you x
Quote 0 0