Mavysmom
My beloved dachshund maverick passed away on Saturday. He was 15. My heart is broken. He was my little love and I don't know how I will go on without him. My husband is gone a lot for his job and mavy was always my companion to keep me from being lonely. I keep expecting to see him around every corner and I think I hear him when I'm in another room. How do you breathe with this kind of grief. I just don't know what to do.
Donna
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi Mavysmom, so sorry on the loss of your beautiful Maverick, Dachshunds are such lovely little dogs. All here on this forum are going through exactly the same grief you are now experiencing. We lost our old boy Jim just over 7 weeks ago - he was 17, and our baby, we have no children and our lives totally revolved around him. 
   The first few weeks are so painful, as you say, you  will keep expecting to see him all the time - part of me now thinks that they do stay with us in spirit, I still smell Jim`s little doggy smell every now and them around the house, and even think I catch a movement out of the corner of my eye. 
  You will get through this first phase of grief - even though you think you right now that it will be impossible. Jim had quite a few scares during his last year or so. and I would look at him and think how I would not be able to cope without him. But some inner strength that we dig out from somewhere helps us through - maybe it actually comes from our little friends themselves - but gradually that terrible emptiness you feel now will start to slowly subside. Each day is different, some days you think you are coping, the very next day it hits again so hard.
   This forum helped me so much, you can pour your heart out and everyone will help you through. Mavy will always be in your heart, the bond you shared too strong, I truly believe we will be reunited with them one day.
            Hugs to you, Jackie, xx
J Taylor
Quote 0 0
FinNJ
I lost my sweetheart of a dachshund just today, Mavysmom and I wonder how I will ever adjust to life without her.  I feel your grief through your message and I pray we both find a way to breathe again.
Quote 0 0
Mavysmom
Last night my husband and I told all the cute and funny stories we could think of about mavy and we laughed thru our tears. This is going to be a difficult year as my dad is also in end stage cancer. My husband is retiring and we are selling our house and moving to Florida. Mavy hated it here with the harsh winters, he was always cold. I had hoped and prayed he would hang on until we got down there so he could bask in the sunshine to his heart's content, but, it was not to be.
Donna
Quote 0 0
Mavysmom
FinNj, I'm so sorry for your loss. There are no words that can express the loss I know you are feeling. Please know that you are wished comfort and peace thru these difficult days.
Donna
Quote 0 0