Forum

Author   Comment  
LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #1 
I took my sweet girl Layla (cat) in for what I thought was a UTI.  Xray showed a mass on her lung.  Her breathing and quality of life was fine so I wasn't too worried, until they did the ultrasound.  She has advanced bladder cancer.
I just went through this 4 years ago with my sweet boy Wilson who had a tumor in his ear.
She is the sweetest cat I have ever had.  She is a beautiful Siamese/grey tabby mix with beautiful long fur and bright blue eyes.  She has always been light and her not eating as much is making her very thin.  
Just needing to pour my heart out here.  I am just devastated and when I got the news I actually felt my heart break.  I think I am going to have to have her put to sleep within the next few days.
My heart just aches... Layla.jpg 

anang

Reply with quote  #2 
LaurieJo,

Thank you for posting here and please know that there are so many kind people here on this forum who are supportive and loving.

Your Layla is gorgeous and I can understand your concerns about her health. This is just my opinion and nothing else, but have you considered getting a second opinion? Vet's are human beings, and as we all know, human beings are fallible. I just don't want you to make a rash, emotional decision that you may regret. 

Much love and support,
Katie

Reply with quote  #3 

Dear LaurieJo,

I am very sorry and saddened to learn of what you are coping with and that your beautiful little girl Layla is not feeling well and enduring such a potentially serious health problem. It is easy to read in your words how much you deeply love, adore and cherish her. She is truly a beauty.

Godspeed and may God bless and keep you during this difficult time. Our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Kind regards,
James
LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #4 
Thank you for your kind words.  I have considered a second opinion but I saw the mass in her chest and it is the size of her lung.  :(  She is also passing blood and this morning her flanks were blood tinged.  If it wasn't so advanced I would definitely try more but it is pretty far advanced in her bladder.

LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #5 
My poor sweet girl went to heaven today.  She was in pain and so weak, it was her time.  She was such a character.  She couldn't stand cabinet doors to be closed and would open them if she could.  She brought us socks from the basement.  The biggest fluffiest socks she could, which were usually my husbands work socks, or a stocking cap if she couldn't find any socks.  How she managed to meow with those in her mouth was a mystery.  😉  She loved to roll over and show me her fluffy white belly and have it rubbed.  She loved me so much it was humbling.  She would sit and stare at me and purr.  Goodbye my sweet baby girl.

Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #6 

Dear 
LaurieJo,

I am so, so sorry for your loss. I am relieved your beloved's pain & suffering is now over.

The perspective of being "
humbled" by experiencing such unconditional and deep love from your lost loved is a healthy and positive way to look at things. It always helps me to remember to be humbled. To replace grief with being humbled to have ever known such miraculous love. 

I have a foster rescue kitten with me now that I named "KID" who also brings me things. I have never had a cat that carried things in their mouths from other rooms. It is beyond adorable and makes me laugh. To see this small Tuxedo cat, with a black mustache (which looks like Charlie Chaplin) carrying a colorful toy in its mouth to me, from the other side of the office building where he is being raised. Yesterday he brought two different toys, a wand with a feathered plume (which is larger than him) and a wool ball, to where I work on my computer and set them beside me to tell me he wanted to play. And he is only a few months old.

I hope you and yours continue to travel through time now and heal. Please know that you are not alone. Your little girl is still with you in spirit and we here on the forum are also with you.

Kind regards and my sincerest condolences,
James

LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #7 
Thank you for your kindness.  Your cat sounds adorable.  I have had two 'fetchers'.  They would only retrieve specific items.  Layla was offering us socks and stocking caps.  It was so funny to see her coming from the basement with this huge object in her mouth.  😉  I have two other fur babies, they aren't as special as she was but I love them and they will help me through this.
LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #8 
Still missing my sweet girl so much.  My heart just aches.  I have an antique cabinet with a glass front door that if it was closed, she would open.  It was one of her cute, quirky things.  After a month I was finally able to close it.  She was an angel who I was blessed with.  Love you sweet Layla.

LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #9 
My heart is still broken. I miss my sweet beauty so much.
LaurieJo

Reply with quote  #10 
I had my 'good bye' dream last night.  Some people dream of those who have died and it is the person saying good bye, I am ok.  It was so real!  I felt her soft, warm fur and heard her little trill meow and she was happy.  Miss you my sweet love.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.