jason27
We have a 15 yo chihuahua with a great record of near perfect health.  We noticed her lymph nodes were huge a month ago and took her to the vet.  They did an asperate and it came back high-probability for lymphoma.  She hasn't had many symptoms since other than weight loss, a slight decrease in appetite but still eating, and also a weird one:  She's been falling over maybe once every other day or so.  She'll lose her feet under her or just fall to her side and lays there still.  I'll pick her up and she'll be limp for a few seconds and then it's over and she's completely fine.  Strange.  Perhaps the cancer is starting to attack her central nervous system and she's having balance problems.  Has anyone heard of this or dealt with something similar?  Thanks!
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am so sorry to hear about your Chihuahua.
I don't know anything about lymphoma but my parents had a Jack Russell some years ago and she used to loose her balance and fall on her side sometimes. She would begin by showing signs of having something stuck in the back of her throat, wheeze and then loose control and then fall over, however she would get back up again. What does your vet think about your dogs symptoms? I do hope they can help..please keep us posted.

Sending positive thoughts

Angelina
Quote 0 0
bluegreen_eyes
Better to bring our pets to a vet for healthcare regularly.
bluegreen_eyes
Quote 0 0
jason27
@bluegreen_eyes are you insinuating that we didn't do that?  I don't see where I wrote that we never took her to a vet, in fact I reference our vet visit in the post.  I'm not quite sure the point of your comment other than to pass judgement on an assumption you made, an incorrect assumption at that.
Quote 0 0
Boos

Hi 😊 

I’m not 100% sure if it is connected to lymphoma but I have found a great page/group on Facebook if you have it which is specific for canines with lymphoma! 

everyone on the page is going through the same thing and there’s a high probability that one of the members can help you or assist in your query. 

The group is just called ‘canine lymphoma’ I really hope that helps you! 

Quote 0 0