Ohhsb Show full post »
ossodiseppia

Hi Haley,

I am so sorry to hear that your dog is sick.  Given that Murphy had such an aggressive cancer and such little time, I decided not to hold back on anything that his Doc wanted to try.  I set the ground rules pretty early and told her I did not want to hold back.  As far as I was concerned, Murphy's biome (gut) was really healthy.  I transitioned him from kibbles to raw in just a one day.  It might have been kibbles for dinner and raw for breakfast.  I just don't remember.  What I do remember is his first raw meal.  He lightly smelled the bowl and then dove right in.

I hope my post did not sound like I have Murphy on a Keto diet.  It's keto of sorts in that there are no carbs and no sugars in his diet.  IT is high fat and the only fat is what is in the raw food I get for him.  I won't give him any typical doggie treats or veggies like carrots or green beans.

I'm getting his food from a local distributor.  I've been feeding him beef with organ meat and beef with tripe, no chicken and no turkey.  I'm getting his food here:

https://rawdogfoodandco.com/

Maybe there is someone close to you that offers something similar.

Honestly, all of the supplements and and food that I have Murphy on are just part of the equation.  They are meant to boost/support the immune system while the Sanawave does the heavy lifting.

Brian
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
My 10 year old lab had lung cancer size of golf ball and fluid around her lungs. Vet told me they can remove fluid from lungs but it will fill up again and surgery and treatments for cancer will give her 6 months at most but not quality of life.  I was devastated and took her home.  I changed her diet and started her on all organic raw food diet and gave her some of my whole food.  She lived 3 years and played ball until her last day at 14 years old.  The Vet called her a miracle dog because even if labs are healthy living to be 14 years old is great. It didn’t ease the pain but I had to focus on that and knowing that she is not suffering to keep my sanity.  I miss my baby girl every day.  
M Moore
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
I didn’t mention that after I changed my labs diet,  all the fluid in her lungs was gone.  When I took her to the Vet for checkups the Vet  told me that whatever I’m doing is working so keep doing it.  Brian and Haley, I’m so sorry you are going through this.  The Vet told me that cancer is so common among dogs now and nobody seems to know the cause that when she retires she plans on spending her time and money on research.  
M Moore
Quote 0 0
didexist
Hi Brian and M moore,

Thanks for the great information! I took my dog to see an oncologist last week, the oncologist did not suggest us to do any chemo or radiation therapy at current stage. He said the surgery was successful and there's no metastasis found so there's no need to do chemo now. I also started feeding my dog raw diet for about 2 weeks, my dog loves it and she is doing great so far! Really hope her cancer will not come back very soon.. 

Haley
Quote 0 0
Mdmoore
Hi Haley, that’s great news!  My baby girl Ruby also loved the raw dog food.  I was hoping to hear from you.  Thank you for letting me know.  Treasure every moment you have with her and focus on the quality of her life.  Every day she is a healthy and happy dog is a blessing.  
M Moore
Quote 0 0