Rachel1974
Our darling little angel as come home, we picked the ashes up on Sunday and how the vets handled it was amazing, gorgeous urn for Lucy and very fitting for her.
I kiss it every night before I go to bed and have even spoken to her.
Something very weird happened on the way home from picking her ashes up and as she sat in my knee I saw a dog who was her, it was so uncanny and it was her, not sure if it was a sign but it felt like it.
Quote 0 0
avmomotiuk

Rachel,
I recently lost my dog Winston - This past Sunday actually and I am awaiting the ashes to be delivered tomorrow.  I believe that it was a sign from your baby. Yesterday I had a similar experience as I was walking through a park and saw some dogs running free and playing so beautifully, I thought that Winston is there playing with them.  I walked past them and their owners at least a good 40ft and I had my back to them, and then suddenly a ball hit my foot and there was a dog waiting for me to throw it back the other way. I think it was Winston's way of letting me throw him one last ball. I cremated him with his favorite ball. I miss him and I believe he is trying to tell me that he is okay and with me always.

veronica
Quote 0 0
et61
Lost my favorite animal Sweetie April 8th. My husband got the ashes for me but I have yet to bring myself to admit he's gone and take them from him. I know it sounds crazy but for me that's final and am having a hard time coming to terms with that even now. I know I will someday and will probably talk to him and kiss him goodnight too. It's hard to accept the loss of something you love so much. Hugs.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
It is extremely hard to accept the loss of something you loved more than life itself.  I had to wait 10 days for my Winstons ashes, due to a mix up with my phone # the vet had.  they misdialed 1 damn number!  I finally got his ashes.  They sit on my bedside tablewith his collar, paw print, toys and cards and letters i received.  I find it comforting he is in OUR house again.  I Love you Winston and your little brother Max!  Mommy  XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0
Rusty
Hi. I picked up the ashes of my beloved bassett hound, Dixie, a couple of weeks ago. It's a nice little urn with a rose inside next to her little bag of ashes. Like you, every morning as I head out the door for work, I kiss the urn and say, "bye Dixie". It's my personal thing and my wife doesn't even know I do this. We're headed to the ocean in a couple of weeks. Our dog loved that place and we took her dozens of times. I thought about spreading some of her ashes on her favorit beach, but I'm not sure I can handle that. Take care and I'm very sorry for your loss
Quote 0 0
CK1991
It does sound like a sign to me. I think it's so nice that you have a beautiful urn with her ashes and you can feel closer to her that way.
I'm so sorry for your loss!
Sending hugs!
CK
Quote 0 0
jimmy17
Hi, I think it was definately a sign from your Lucy.  I think they try so hard to let us know that they are okay, I had a couple of things happen since we lost our dog Jim 5 months ago. The most significant came only 5 days after he passed and I was standing outside on the patio really upset, it was dark and I was pleading with my dad ( who we`d lost 7 years earlier, and adored Jim),  to just send me a sign that Jim was okay.   A small white ball appeared at the top of our fence, and gently glided across the garden, then vanished. I suddenly felt so relaxed, and I am convinced it was my dad come to take Jims soul with him.   Someone has since told me that it is what is known as an " orb ".  Whatever it was, it helped me so much, as I was in such a dark place at the time.
                                                                        Hugs, Jackie  

J Taylor
Quote 0 0
Ell99
Jackie thats a beautiful story about jim and the ball. I hope i could get a sign too to make my grief less. Thinking iof everyone that has posted about their loved ones.
Quote 0 0
winstonsmom12
I am hoping and praying for another sign from my Baby.  I find myself looking everywhere for one.  I should just relax and let him do it in his own time.  I love you Winston Forever and a Day  Mommy  XOXOXO
Susan
Quote 0 0