Navina
My beloved Lucy died this morning some time between 2-4. I couldn't sleep. I wish I had stayed up with her like I wanted. I can't stop crying. She was exactly one year, one month and a few hours old. I wish I could turn back time. She had chronic tick fever. She was covered in ticks when I first got her. I wish I could just turn back time and find a way to save her. She was my best friend.
Quote 0 0
Snowfire
Navina I'm so sorry. Glad you are here. I'm glad too and may you be helped too.
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I am so, so sorry, Navina. I know it hurts soooo badly. Hope you will keep writing. And know that you're not alone. There's a lot of compassion and understanding here.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Narvina I know how incredibly shocking it is to lose your best friend. I know how alone and lost you’re feeling this morning. Keep writing, we’ll be here for you, so sorry for you😔
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Navina
I miss her face and all the fur which I was allergic to. I miss her little paws and her soft belly and the smell of her lavender shampoo. She had the most beautiful, loving brown eyes. I miss kissing her nose. I feel so alone. I'm not alone I know because my cats keep trying to comfort me when the tear works start.
Lucy turned a cat lady into a great dog mama. She was too young. I had so many plans for us.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
Oh I want to grab my baby by the sides of her face and force kisses all over it! It was a silly thing I always did to her, she held still and allowed it but when I let go she did a quick turn wagging her tail the whole time like “ ooh Mom, come on, stop” I miss burying my fingers in her thick neck fur and the feel of her soft belly. Her constantly wagging tail, and the way she swung her head from side to side like an elephant does. It all feels surreal right? I’ve started writing mini letters to her, the I miss yous, the I love yous the things that stick out in my head so strongly, than the tears get in the way and I can’t see, that’s why they’re “ Mini letters” lol, kinda. But it helps. I also just had her ID dog tag made into a necklace, well I bought a chain and put it on that, nothin fancy, but it was her red heart she’d worn since she was weeks old. It feels good keeping it close to “my” heart. Lil things that mean so much,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0