shoukrys
It's four months now since I lost my little dog Lucy. I had her for 15 years. I still walk around the house crying for her. When does it get better? I try to remember the happy memories I had with her, but everything in my apartment just reminds me of her. I miss her so much. Thinking of getting another little furry friend, but my family are against it. I feel so lost and alone without my baby.
Quote 0 0
MyBella
I am so, so sorry for the loss of your precious Lucy, but do know she is always with you, she surrounds you with her love and is with you each and every day, just in a different form.
When does it get better???? I have no idea as I am only at 9 weeks since my little girl Bella passed, some days are better than others and then when I least expect it, tears flow. But I do find that telling and sharing Bella's life and stories on here has helped tremendously, I know how you feel with everything reminding you of Lucy, I also miss my girl so much, my heart is broken and I feel so empty inside, I lost more than Bella the morning she passed.
As for getting another furry friend, I think you are the only one who can decide that, no one else knows what your heart needs, only you do. Maybe see if you can be a foster parent for another dog to see if you are ready. I know the feeling of being lost, it is all too familiar, it is hard to lose your long time friend, so hard. There is no time limit on grief, grieve for as long as you need to, everyone here understands completely the pain you are going through.
You are in our thoughts and prayers, sending positive healing thoughts your way.

Sincerely, Don & Vera
Quote 0 0
patent123
I hated the initial stages of loss.  My house felt like a big sad empty shell and everything reminded me of my girl.  I was especially sad that my girls ending was a sad one.  My family surprised my daughter an I with a dog a month after we lost our girl.  In some ways having another animal around was a great form of therapy.  Lets face it sometimes just sitting and petting that fury head can really relax a persons mind.  I can say though that we got our dog to soon.  I wasn't able to bond with him at first, he frustrated me, and I wasn't ready for that type of personality.  He was a puppy and our dog we lost was older, lazy, and very easy going.  

Like Mybella said only you can know when your ready.  My suggestion is to think it out.  Be prepared to have this other dog bring you great joy but to also in ways remind you of the friend you lost.  Remember a new dog will in no way act or be the one you lost.  I had to learn all these things and it was really hard at times.  However, now my dog or puppy is 10 months old.  I love him just as much as my girl I lost but in a completely different way. When your ready you to will find another friend that you have a special bond with just know it wont be the same itll be special in its own way. 
Quote 0 0
Mswmare
I really cannot stand my house now. It's a mess, because I haven't cleaned much in the 5 weeks since I lost my Sophie. I know how it feels, shoukrys. Sophie was with me for 14 years. Everything in this house reminds me of her. It's a small house, so her things are all over....food, bowls.....I did throw some things away, and donated others, but I couldn't part with certain things. And she cuddled with me everywhere. It's awful.

I agree with MyBella and patent123. You will know when you are ready. I know we will rescue another dog, but I am not ready. Like patent123 talked about, I am afraid I won't be able to bond with a new dog now. I also feel that it would be disloyal to my Sophie to get another pup now. My husband says we will know, we will just know when, and the right rescue will be waiting for us.

I wish you comfort and peace. Sending lots of hugs.

MaryBeth
Quote 0 0
jonancy
So sorry for the loss of Lucy. It's been four months for me and I still cry almost everyday. I miss him terribly. I remember when Scooter first died I couldn't wait for the day, week to end thinking that as time went on I would feel better. Yes, I'm doing better; but my heart and house still feels empty. His favorite toy is still where he left it, I can't bring myself to move it. We feel your loss here.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
jonancy
Mswmare

I'm so sorry for your loss too, I couldn't find your thread. When Scooter died we donated his food and a few toys he never liked. It took me awhile to vacuum because I didn't want to move anything. His favorite toy is still where he left it, I can't move it yet. Luckily, its in a corner out of the way.

Take care,
Jonancy...Scooters mama
Quote 0 0
shoukrys
Thank you all for your very kind words of support. I know I'm not alone in this. The loss of our beloved pets has caused heart break in all of us. I put my Lucy's toys away in a drawer and I can't stand at this point to even open it and look at them. I suppose all we have now is time to heal us and patience. I don't know at this point yet if I have the strength or ability to love again the way I love Lucy. Time will tell. She was my little rock and shadow. She was the reason for me getting up in the morning.

Kisses and big hugs to all of you.
Quote 0 0
nebiolth
I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are such an integral part of our lives and source of happiness which the Lord has provided to us. With prayer, the Lord will --I believe---reunite you with Lucy when we pass from this Life.
With prayers and comfort.
Quote 0 0