LuckyDog01
I saw this site and thought I should join. I lost my Lucky almost two months ago now. Does it get any easier? I miss him every single day. I'm sad all the time. I've had him for 15 years. After that long I stopped thinking of him as a pet but like my kid. Some days I wonder, have I lost it for taking his death this hard? I got him when I was 11 years old as a Christmas present. He was so tiny. He fit in my hand. He was a Pomeranian. It seems he fought his entire life. He was attacked by the dog next door and we had to rush him to the vet and he had emergency surgery. Against all odds he made it and I took care of him until he healed. The last few years he ended up having a heart condition and I had to give him medicine everyday. Even his vet was surprised how long he lasted. His last week he wasn't feeling well so me and my mom took him in and the vet told us Lucky's kidneys shut down. She recommended letting him go. She gave him medicine to fall asleep and he fell asleep in my arms. My mom didn't stay in the room but I couldn't let him die alone. If you stayed this long then I appreciate you reading my story. If you lost a pet then my heart breaks for you. His name was lucky but I was the one who was lucky to have had him in my life.
Quote 0 0
Julia_Loves_McCartney
I am so very sorry for your loss. My tabby kitty McCartney died from an enlarged heart July 11th. He was only six. I got him when he was a kitten when I was 17. I know how you feel. I thought of McCartney as my baby too, just like you did with Lucky. We just had this special relationship and life seems so empty now without it. He was so lively and unique, and the house is just boring without him and his mischief. He was such an easy going mush, and big lover boy.

You certainly were lucky to have him. I feel the same. I never took my and McCartney's friendship for granted. Every day I knew how lucky and blessed I was and that I had it good. And I told him that too. I'm so grateful that I look back at that with no regrets.

Do not think you are taking his death too hard. And don't let anyone around you bother you if they feel otherwise. I will grieve over McCartney for a long time. Lucky was obviously special to you. It's completely normal to be sad still. I'm so glad you both had a special relationship with each other.

Both you and Lucky are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope you will be together again some day.

~I love you eternally, McCartney boy~

You can visit my kitty McCartney's Rainbow Bridge Memorial here: http://www.rainbowbridge.com/residents/MCCAR001/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
LuckyDog01
I'm very sorry for your loss Julia. If the picture by your name is McCartney then he was a very handsome kitty. Thank you for your kind words. I was pretty sad and they helped cheer me up
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
LuckyDog01 wrote:
I saw this site and thought I should join. I lost my Lucky almost two months ago now. Does it get any easier? I miss him every single day. I'm sad all the time. I've had him for 15 years. After that long I stopped thinking of him as a pet but like my kid. Some days I wonder, have I lost it for taking his death this hard? I got him when I was 11 years old as a Christmas present. He was so tiny. He fit in my hand. He was a Pomeranian. It seems he fought his entire life. He was attacked by the dog next door and we had to rush him to the vet and he had emergency surgery. Against all odds he made it and I took care of him until he healed. The last few years he ended up having a heart condition and I had to give him medicine everyday. Even his vet was surprised how long he lasted. His last week he wasn't feeling well so me and my mom took him in and the vet told us Lucky's kidneys shut down. She recommended letting him go. She gave him medicine to fall asleep and he fell asleep in my arms. My mom didn't stay in the room but I couldn't let him die alone. If you stayed this long then I appreciate you reading my story. If you lost a pet then my heart breaks for you. His name was lucky but I was the one who was lucky to have had him in my life.

I'm sorry for your loss of sweet Lucky. No, you haven't lost it. You loved him and helped him fight to the end, and your bond with him became even stronger for it. People like us think of their pets as our children. I lost my beloved Golden Retriever, Murphy, 5 weeks ago today to pancreatitis after 13 days in a specialty hospital with surgery, feeding tubes, hyperbaric oxygen chamber therapy, the works. He developed Addison's disease when he was 6 years old, had 2 crises and was also on daily medicine and every 27 day injections at our vet's office. My whole life revolved around him for our 9-1/2 years together. He also went to the Rainbow Bridge in my arms when he couldn't fight anymore. You're right, we are so lucky to have had them in our lives, and we pay a very heavy price when they're gone for all that unconditional love. Know that you are not alone in your grief.

Blessings,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Katel
What a sweet sweet boy Lucky was, they are lovely photos of him and I loved looking at them.
Two months is nothing in Grief Time and it takes as long as it has to, there is no time
limit.  

In the past two years I have lots 3 beloved pets, the first two from old age (but I still
cry for them) and the last one just 3 months ago and of course I cry for her too.
Now I am soon to lose my Danny chihuaha with a shock diagnosis and can hardly believe it.
Yes, for people like us they are our children and the parting is just horrendous.

I am glad you have written about Lucky as you will find support and comfort here and
hopefully a little easing of your grief and always feel welcome to talk about whatever you want to talk about anytime to help you down this lonely road.   Some people write letters to their departed furbabies, others relive memories -   everyone is different as you will see.

My thoughts are truly with you and never ever feel alone as we are all here
for you.

Hugs and blessings
Kate
PS   If you feel like it I'd love to see some more photos of your
beautiful boy.
Quote 0 0