Forum

Author   Comment  
TriciaK

Reply with quote  #1 
Hi everyone,

I've been here before for a while when I lost one of my kittys a few years ago, sadly our old boy Ted was just diagnosed yesterday with a bone tumour in his jaw. The vet showed us the x ray and it was grim, the cancer had already eaten through his jaw bone and his teeth were so loose and ready to fall out, she explained how painful a condition this is and I've heard of other cats whose mouth bled and jaw bone crumbled and was devastaed as there is no treatment. 

The vet strongly suggested we say goodbye to Ted and after much discussion we agreed, I think we did the right thing for him and as a cancer survivor myself I wouldn't want to endure indignities and pain myself at the end so wanted to do my best for him. We miss him so much though and part of me wonders if I should have brought him home for another while, but he was finding it hard to eat and I hate to think of him in pain.:(

RIP Ted xx

Attached Images
jpeg Ted.jpg (54.05 KB, 6 views)

Larry

Reply with quote  #2 
Very sorry. I would love to see the day when cancer is just a word from the past. Makes no sense why our fur babies should have to endure such things. The picture of Ted was breathtaking actually. I wish you all the best.
Larry
TriciaK

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Larry, I appreciate your reply and sympathy!

Tricia xx
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.