MomofJess
She was only 3, one of a litter born in the living room. She developed severe anemia and the vet prescribed an iron supplement. With that her gums pinked up and she was able to be spayed. Over the last couple weeks I noticed her abdomen looked bloated. She was a little slow and sometimes sitting and looking at the water bowl, but seeming ok. I knew I had to get her checked at the vet for the bloating. Then I was shocked to see her extremely short if breath around noon. I raced to make an emergency vet appt and got one for 3:30. It was awful waiting the three hours. She managed to get up on the sofa and her breathing had slowed a little. I was a nervous wreck. When finally the time came to put her in the carrier she kept out of my arms, went down the stairs, fell on her side, her body shook and she died. I've been crying but had to stop because of a headache and suddenly I have a world without her cute eyes and deep beautiful soul. Was it a pulmonary embolism? It was so sudden, so shocking. She'll get a pretty little girl's urn.
ES
Quote 0 0
anang
Dear MomofJess,

I am so sorry for the loss of your furry baby. She had three wonderful and amazing years of complete love, peace, comfort, and safety. You gave her a huge gift and blessing, as not all cats are guaranteed that. You nurtured and loved her throughout her life, and you will always be connected to her.

You will find a lot of support on this forum. There are many people here who have endured the loss of a beloved pet.

Warm regards,
Katie 
K. Unger
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear MomofJess,

I echo Katie's sentiments above. I am also sorry for your loss of your beloved cat. It is hard to believe that the average lifespan for a cat is only 2 to 5 years in the wild or on the street. That is what they are biologically designed to live for. True, we humans can often cheat nature and expand the lifespans of our beloved's, but not always.

I like Katie, am glad that you were able to provide your little girl with a loving, affectionate, adoring, safe and comfortable home for the time that she lived. All cats should be so fortunate and blessed.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
MomofJess
Thank you for your kind words. I am exhausted but my three other cats, all healthy, are right now on or near my bed and a great comfort. I can't get interested in TV tonight so I'm going to just stay in bed. I think instead of taking off I'll work tomorrow to keep busy. I work at home. It helps more than I can say your words of wisdom.
ES
Quote 0 0
MomofJess
James, thank you. I guess some kitties got very unlucky genes. I even took Temptations out if my cart on Walmart, with the rumor it might be bad renal wise. I'll just go back to cooked chicken for treats. There's no getting around it, she suffered her last few hours, but she's at peace now.
ES
Quote 0 0