Jen_0312 Show full post »
chilover
Jen 0312

I am so very sorry for your loss. The pain of losing a pet is deeply, deeply heartbreaking..My story is similar to yours, I lost my 15 year old baby to kidney failure & I also lived alone with her. My vet thought that she possibly had dementia too. She may have even had a stroke. She couldn't really walk either towards the end & It broke my heart seeing her health decline & she just wasn't the same dog & I felt like I was dying with her. Eventually I had to decide to do the kindest thing for her & even though it is said to be an act of love, that very last day  ended up being the most difficult day of my life. I was sitting holding her to my chest when she was given the injection. I still miss her desperately and know exactly how you are feeling. You are not alone & people will support you on this forum, it has helped so many of us. It take time to heal but you will. Your beloved pup passed in your arms knowing he was surrounded by your love. Please be gentle with yourself.

Sending you comfort & peace 
Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Thank you Angelina. I'm sorry for your loss also. Our stories sound very similar. When did you lose your girl?
Jen
Quote 0 0
Lynnmac

This forum has been such a source of inspiration and support. To know we are not
alone in our grief. A friend shared words of a poem with me today, so I’m sharing in the hope it helps others. 

."Remember when you are sad, look again into your heart, and you will see that in truth you are weeping for that which has been your delight"

Quote 1 0
peke_bb
Hi Jen, I’m very sorry for your loss. I understand what you are going through. My dog passed the same way, at home, in front of me. I thought he fell asleep, but noticed he wasn’t breathing. If you feel alone, I’m here if you ever want to talk. Just know that you are not alone with the pain you are feeling. I know exactly how it feels. Hugs and hope you get better. 
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Thank you so much peke_bb. It's so nice to have people that understand. If I didn't have this site I think I would go crazy. Everyone seemed to forget my pup right after it happened. Today has been a week since he passed. I miss him more every day. I'm sorry for your loss also. It's harder than people think. Thank you for being there and I would love to talk.
Jen
Quote 1 0
chilover
Jen0312

I lost my little girl 'Daisy' 10 months ago. It was just the 2 of us. She was my entire world.

Daisy's mummy 
Angelina 
Quote 1 0
Frank68
Hi, it really is a difficult time having recently gone through it after passing of our second dog. I really found this forum helpful and that accepting its ok to grieve, not to thing I shouldn’t be like this. I found myself struggling with different emotions, denial (still) guilt and anger. I found a short video on BBC really useful. If you search dealing with grief it should come up. It breaks it down to 5 stages and helped a lot.
i hope things get a little easier over the coming weeks
Russ
Russ
Quote 1 0
Jen_0312
Thank you Russ. I can identify with the different emotions. I'll check the video out.
Jen
Quote 0 0
Faceinyou
You are not alone . Your sweet pet . They know so much . I do hope your ok. Time will help the pain ,
I wish I could say more to help .
Toby’s Dad
Quote 0 0
MaxsMom2
Jen, Thankyou for sharing that. I’m so sorry for this monumental loss. My Max passed a little over a month ago. It was sudden too. I’m sorry that you feel your grieving alone. I have felt that too. My husband loved Max, but he actively avoids talking about him. He’s genuinely uncomfortable talking about the traumatic loss. So, I too feel completely alone at times. I feel like people were very supportive the first few days, then they just sort of disappeared. The first seven days were the worst, It felt like acute trauma from loosing a limb. Max was my limb, he was a part of me. I feel a part of me died. I’ve tried to write on here everyday, sometimes multiple times, even if I’m just talking to myself and nobody reads it. I’ve got to get these feelings out. This forum saved my life, it gave me a place to make sense out of something that doesn’t make sense, the loss of my baby. But, the first 7 days were utter hell, coming on this site helped me to get through the initial shock. A soft landing pad for my crashing emotions. Your baby sounds like he knew how much you loved him and that there was no place he would have rather been than near you. My Max has surgery, only to find out during surgery he was terminal and that we would have to go to the vet to say goodbye. I have so much guilt that he was put down in that cold sterile place, not his home, that he knew, but a stressful place that had just cut him open. I begged them to let me bring him home just for a day or two, so he could pass away at home, but they said he would suffer too much. I wish he would have been curled in his bed, in his home. Sorry for such a long winded response. 
Laraine Esposito 
Quote 1 0
Milliemuppet
Hi MaxsMom2,

That all sounds so familiar to me.  My husband and two daughters don't seem to want to talk about Millie - it is as thought they are really uncomfortable is thinking about what has happened.  So now, I feel as though I cannot speak to them about her.  This forum has been my saving grace.  It is so great to be able to tell others how you feel - even if there is not answer.  Just being able to express how you feel and to see there are so many other people going through the same thing is really comforting.  I am heartbroken without my Millie and still cannot believe I will never see her again. I hear sounds and for a split second think it is her and then realise it was something else.  But I suppose it will get better.  I am so anxious to have her ashes returned to me.  Until I have her home I think I cannot move on.
Clare
Quote 0 0
Lis84
Sorry to hear jen. What a nice way to pass.. In his sleep. My first dog died with dementia and it was sad. My handsome   8 year old was put to sleep today. He was fit and strong but after a mini stroke kept circling and disoriented. I just wish he passed in his sleep instead of going through such a hard process.
Stay strong. 
Quote 0 0
Jen_0312
Lis84, so sorry for your loss. It was nice that my pup passed in his sleep but his last day was rough. He was very weak and falling all over. He had a seizure and possibly a mini stroke because he couldn't walk anymore after the seizure. He was pawing his way around the floor with his paws. Shortly after that he passed. 
Jen
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
You are not alone. This forum has helped me. My girl left me 7 months ago and I have noticed that I have relapses about once a month since she passed. Today is horrible as the 18th will mark 7 months since she has been gone. But you know what it does get better it just takes time. Keep writing out your feelings and eventually you will be able to encourage someone else going through the same process.
Quote 0 0