scampisdad
Today we lost our beautiful scampi girl. We were blessed to have her for almost 18 years and for that I'm thankful. It feels so wrong she would have to leave us as most all her health tests came back quite good for her age. But there were tumors forming and she was loosing her ability to walk. We were able to keep her home until last night when it was clear she was entering into pain and distress. We had to make the painful decision to let her go to the rainbow bridge. Tonight the house is silent, empty and feels so different. We have teared up so much today there cant be much liquid left in our eyes. everywhere we look there are reminders of her....... photos, her favorite toys and cozy blankets and the little pink bed grandma gave her a Christmas many years ago. scampy pic.jpg 
Bill roberts
Quote 0 0
PeppermintPatty
M'gosh ... what a beautiful little girl. Scampi reminds me a lot of my little Lara who went to the Rainbow Bridge in January.

The well of tears never dries up, especially when the reminders hit you. It gets easier, but it never goes away. I can break down crying instantaneously just remembering my tears falling on her coat of fur in the final hours while I begged, "Please don't go." See? It's making me cry now.

I'm so sorry for your loss. Mourning our fur babies is a roller coaster of emotions. You must just trudge on through them. Scampi had a long life and that says a lot about your love and care for her.

I hope Lara found her on the other side of the bridge.

Take care.
Quote 1 0
Sampson
Dear Bill,
My deepest condolences on the loss of your Scampi. The picture you posted shows a truly beautiful girl.
I must add how much I admire how you handled her illness, keeping her close until you knew she would begin to suffer and then allowing her to go in peace. That is true love. Please take care,
Sam
Quote 1 0
Lamont
She was a beautiful girl.

Glad to hear you had so many years with her, but sorry you have had to say goodbye. 
I don't think we get to keep them long enough. We had one one tabby boy, Ollie who lived to be 21, and I think his last couple of years were a bit difficult, but he kept it to himself most of the time, the way they do.

We here are here for you, and hope you will have better days ahead. It's the hardest thing, ever to lose a family member.

Bertie's Daddy
Quote 1 0
Mackysmum
What a beautiful girl
I'm very sorry for your loss it hurts like crazy , what a long life your girl had , not long enough i understand we want forever .
I hope you get better days soon it does soften , i.lost my macky 2 weeks ago and the first 4 days were insane with pain , hang in there and please post it really does help
Hugs
Quote 1 0
catiebee
Oh, what a lovely kitty! I am soooo sorry for your loss of Scampi. Very little on this planet could hurt worse than losing a dearly loved pet. It's excruciating and my heart goes out to you much-much!  I hate that you are suffering and I send hugs and wish you comfort.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 1 0
Bailey15
Hi Bill,
I am so sorry for your loss. 18 years is a long time so I can certainly understand why the house seems so quiet and how much you must miss your beautiful girl, Scampi! The reminders are very difficult but I would suggest leaving everything until you feel ready. In a strange way they may bring you some comfort to have. When I lost my little dog I kept his very special things in a Memory box because I couldn't bear to part with them. That might be something you could do when you feel up to it. Sending hugs,
MJ
Quote 1 0
scampisdad
Thank you all so much all for your kind words I mean a lot at this time.
Bill roberts
Quote 0 0
sds
Bill, I am so very sorry for your loss.  It is so heartbreaking to lose someone you've known and cared for for so long.  I think it was courageous and merciful to prevent further suffering especially when you knew things wouldn't improve.  But I know how hard it is when all you want is to have her back -- even a few minutes.  I wish I could be more helpful, but it seems we all just have to survive somehow.  I hope you find comfort where ever you can.  I am thinking of you. 
Sharon
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Bill I know it's already been said but what a gorgeous cat...glad you had Scampi so long but that makes the parting harder...I know. And you have come to a great place for support. It's a shame there aren't more "in person" support groups for pet loss. But, we are here. My sincere condolences.
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0