Cdkw123
Its only been two days but I am so heart broken and filled with guilt. I let our 4 year old dog out just like we do every morning but that morning another dog was on our property. Our dog chased him and was hit by a car. He was our everything. To make matters harder I'm 40 weeks pregnant and it kills me to think our furbaby will never get to meet our baby. The guilt of the what ifs are taking over. I keep thinking about if I had checked the yard first or just not let him out without a leash he would still be here. I didn't see him get hit but the image of his lifeless body haunts me when I close my eyes. Has anyone else felt this guilt? How do you cope?
Quote 0 0
Humanswithpaws
I am so so sorry to hear your devastating news he is absolutely beautiful. I haven’t met a single person on here yet that doesn’t have guilt after loosing there fur baby. I have terrible guilt and I’m finding it extremely hard to deal with. Unfortunately I can’t give you any advice at the moment as I’m still filled with absolute grief and I can’t find a way to move forward 3 weeks on but I am sending you all the love in the world xxx
Quote 0 0
KathyT
I am so sorry for your loss. I believe we all understand your feelings here, we all have felt guilty and have those thoughts of what if. I lost my baby girl Sassy 2 and half weeks ago and it seems like yesterday my heart was ripped to pieces, and yet it seems like the longest weeks without her. There are no words to make you feel better. Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
RudyAndDubs
I am so sorry for this horrible accident. I can tell you though you cannot focus on those what ifs, all it will do is chew you up inside. My parents and I lost our dog to a car just 2 weeks ago, he also was chasing another dog. Please know that as horrible as it sounds, accidents and tragedies happen, and it is in no way at all your fault. And above all else remember your dog would never blame You, that's the beauty of dogs, that's why we love them so much.

Please keep talking out your feelings here, I know it has helped me. Lots of love!
Quote 0 0
Sil
Cdkw123,

I am truly sorry for your loss.  When we lose our fur babies, circumstances might be different, but the awful pain is immense.  Then, guilt sets in - please, be gentle to yourself - some things are just out of our control - and accidents do happen.  We all understand your pain, please keep posting/writing.  This forum has helped me so much.  Everyone here has so much empathy and remember you are not alone.  (((Hugs))) 

Quote 0 0
camunki
I am so sorry for your loss of your boy, and a beautiful picture...........what is your precious boys name???

You did not plan this, this was an unfortunate accident....and I think we all go thru a guilt phase, it is part of the grieving process. The could haves and should haves....I know i went thru the guilt phase for a good 6 months, I even spent countless hours on the computer figuring out ways that i could have done something different.

My heart goes out to you and please know your boy is still with you, on a new journey at the Rainbow Bridge free from all pain. You will be reunited again..............many (((hugs))) your way.

Cam

Quote 0 0
Cdkw123
Thank you everyone for the support. Reading your comments and other post on this sight has been a saving grace. Our babies name was Maui and he was the best dog I've ever had. I've had a couple dogs over my life time and have lost them to old age. I grieved them all but I think this has been the hardest loss because he was the first baby me and my fiance got together and we loved him like a child. And we both say this was harder because it was so unexpected and sudden there was no time to process or come to terms.
Quote 0 0