debbieasoliz Show full post »
MAlcindor
Rookiesmama, 💔💔💔 every single stinking day! 😥 I pray for all of us, that our pain will lessen soon.
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Me too💔
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Hugs💖
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Sending hugs to everyone. One day at a time they tell me. Our Harlies burial is this coming Friday morning. We found a beautiful pet cemetery close to us. Hoping for everyones pain to get a little lighter soon. This is very rough, not sleeping, crying so much, missing her every minute💔 Love to you all!
Quote 0 0
MissingScooty
Lovely you found a pet cemetery nearby. I wished I'd done some type of formal ceremony, maybe if only for my boyfriend and I. But it all happened so so fast. I understand the crying. Prepare yourself for Friday - it will be tough but healing in some ways. Hugs!
Missing and loving Scooter Forever
- Melissa
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
We buried our baby Harlie today. Was the hardest thing to do. I just feel hollow. Feel like we failed her somehow. This is just so hard and I hope the healing starts soon.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Oh Deborah, what a tough day for you. I can only imagine how tough today must have been, the finality of it all. You loved your baby Harlie and did everything you could for her. Remember that some things are not up to us, they are completely out of our hands. I know it doesn't bring any comfort to you at this time, but I know you could not have loved her more than you did. So the saying goes, "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever". Truer words have never been spoken. Sending hugs your way.
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Thank you♡
Quote 0 0
catiebee
I'm very sorry about Harlie. Take extra good care of you in these early days while your grief is so, so raw.
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Thank you Catibee♡ I'm trying. Sleep is hard and tears wont stop. I know it will get easier on time. Wish it would hurry up.
Quote 0 0
Lisarb
So sorry For your loss. Clearly you have a beautiful and sensitive soul. Look how you helped what I’m assuming is your son pay respect to his beloved friend. That’s a lovely example you set. Many people power through these kind of losses without any Time spent to process the pain, and recognize the pain. I know you’re not supposed to give advice at times like this, but last year we lost our family beagle and something that helped all of us Was to post a tribute to him on social media with the following quote which I hope is not against the rules since I’m giving John Grogan credit for it:

“Such short little lives Our pets have to spend with us, and they spend most of it waiting for us to come home each day. It is amazing how much love and laughter they bring into our lives and even how much closer we become with each other because of them.”
John Grogan, Marley and Me: Life and Love With the World's Worst Dog
Feel better day by day
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Lisarb thank you for sharing that accurate quote♡
It's never enough time with them
We had Harlie 10 1/2 years but we weren't ready for her to leave us. That little boy is our 4 year old Grandson Ty and they were the best of friends from day one. He called Harlie his girl and police dog. Ty wants to be a police officer like his grandpa when hes older. We were so proud of him at Harlies burial. He put things in her casket that he thought she might need in heaven
He brought her a hot wheels police car and gave her a salute. He never cried. He said that's just her body Mimi, her souls in heaven and we will see her again. I could not get over his strength and insight at 4 years. I'm so proud of him!
I think hes dealing with it so well knowing he will see her again. Wish I could be that strong.
Its hard at home, shes just gone. Nights are hard as she slept on our bed. I know it will get easier. It's nice to talk on here with others that understand the pain and grief. I pray for comfort and love for everyone hurting fron the loss of their for baby. ♡
Quote 0 0
Lisarb
Poor Ty. I had a pediatrician friend who is also a father and he pointed out that children learn about grief through our pets. He says it’s a way for them to “practice” loss. He says it’s very important for us to model sensitive behavior to them so they can use it for the rest of their life because unfortunately as we all now, loss is part of life. Now Ty knows he can bear it. So I think you gave him a gift as well as being a wonderful loving owner to Harlie. Knowing you will continue to feel better little by little 💕
Quote 0 0
debbieasoliz
Hes a strong and very smart but sensitive boy. He could teach us all so much. Love him💖
Quote 0 0