MSEASU
So, I have had many pets in my life, but none like Scout. He was a Yorkshire terrier that I got when he was 8 weeks old. We had a connection that seemed once in a lifetime. He was at my side for close to 16 years and gave unconditional love. His health started declining earlier this year. He couldn't go on walks anymore. His eyes and ears were failing. In February my wife and I made the painful decision to put him down. However, the scheduled day he perked up and we couldn't do it. We were relieved.
However in May, he started getting infections, his hips went and then his knee ligament by last week. He could no longer even go to the bathroom by himself. So Thursday we bathed him and he seemed at peace but no happiness left as he was in too much pain. I never knew I could love a dog so much and I miss him very much. I just want to pet him one more time. I hope to see him on the rainbow bridge. I dont think I could ever get another dog after Scout. I miss you Scout.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Dear Anthony,

I am very sorry to learn of your and your Wife's loss of your beloved "Scout." You can easily tell through your writing, just how much Scout was loved, adored and cherished by you and your lady and how he was considered an important member of your family. All dogs should be so blessed and fortunate. 16 years is an extraordinary life time for a pup as you know. But the truth is "Forever" would not be long enough. 

I am glad you got those extra months of Feb. to May. That is wonderful news and something to be grateful for. 

They say by agreeing to end our beloved pet's pain & suffering, we make a bargain to transfer their pain & suffering onto ourselves. Then we must defuse it, through the grieving process. This is what you and your wife are unfortunately experiencing. As many of us here are also enduring. 

It sounds like "Scout" may have been a "Spirit Animal" for you. For some, they only come around once in a lifetime, for others they never occur. We should all consider ourselves to be very, very blessed to have had such an experience and know such unconditional love in our lives.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
MSEASU
Memories_of_Marmalade wrote:

Dear Anthony,

I am very sorry to learn of your and your Wife's loss of your beloved "Scout." You can easily tell through your writing, just how much Scout was loved, adored and cherished by you and your lady and how he was considered an important member of your family. All dogs should be so blessed and fortunate. 16 years is an extraordinary life time for a pup as you know. But the truth is "Forever" would not be long enough. 

I am glad you got those extra months of Feb. to May. That is wonderful news and something to be grateful for. 

They say by agreeing to end our beloved pet's pain & suffering, we make a bargain to transfer their pain & suffering onto ourselves. Then we must defuse it, through the grieving process. This is what you and your wife are experiencing. 

It sounds like "Scout" may have been a "Spirit Animal" for you. For some, they only come around once in a lifetime, for others they never occur. We should all consider ourselves to be very, very blessed to have had such an experience and know such unconditional love in our lives.

Kind regards & my sincerest condolences,
James

Thank you so much James for the well thought out reply. That was the phrase I was looking for, Scout was my spirit animal.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

My honor and my pleasure. My cat, whom I just lost "Marmalade" was my Spirit Animal. I can still sense his presence. He was my best friend, my brother, my son, my comrade in arms, my only remaining family, my love and the light in my life.

"The stronger the love, the deeper the grief."

: *** (
Quote 0 0
MSEASU
Dear Scout,
It has only been 4 days and it has not gotten any easier. I miss the pitter patter of your feet in my daughter's room. I miss you begging for cheese during dinner. I miss our walks. Most of all I miss you. I still remember going to pick you out of a litter when you were just 6 weeks old, you were the one that came up to me . I had to wait until you were 8 weeks old to take you home. You were so excited to go to your new home. We really had a special bond. Today we locked your pet door and I felt guilty.
We also cleaned your beds and fluffed all your blankets. They are still on the floor though like you liked them. I miss you Scout.
Quote 0 0
Mysweetsimba
MSEASU, Reading your post was something. What most of us wish and dream of has actually happened to you (not having to go through euthenasia when you are on the brink of it). But it shows, even with this, nothing dampens the loss. I lost my sweetie last Thursday. It feels very unfair. And on Saturday I have to make a decision if I am going to see him one last time as my deceased or not take the opportunity to see him at all. What you went through his making me ponder for thought, as I can see that 'one last time' will never be enough. I don't know, I will have to decide on the day. I wish for you to find happiness again in your little one's life. Right now all we can do is be sad, and not afraid to grieve completely. My thoughts are with you, this forum has helped me alot.
Quote 0 0
MSEASU
Mysweetsimba wrote:
MSEASU, Reading your post was something. What most of us wish and dream of has actually happened to you (not having to go through euthenasia when you are on the brink of it). But it shows, even with this, nothing dampens the loss. I lost my sweetie last Thursday. It feels very unfair. And on Saturday I have to make a decision if I am going to see him one last time as my deceased or not take the opportunity to see him at all. What you went through his making me ponder for thought, as I can see that 'one last time' will never be enough. I don't know, I will have to decide on the day. I wish for you to find happiness again in your little one's life. Right now all we can do is be sad, and not afraid to grieve completely. My thoughts are with you, this forum has helped me alot.

Thank you. Good luck with whatever decision you make. You are right it is never enough time with our pets.
Quote 0 0
MSEASU
One of my last photos of Scout
Quote 0 0
MSEASU
Scout
It has been almost 2 weeks. I miss you so much. I was looking at all the pictures I took of you the last 6 months. I realized you were sad in all of them. You were ready to go and we did not want to let you go.
Quote 0 0
Momtozeus
Dear mseasu,
I too lost my little yorkie Zeus this July and he was ready to go as well. He had many health issues in the past few years and was slowing down in general but i knew there was something ,major going on besides the aging process. And then he started to have seizures and we found out it was a brain tumor so we had to help him cross the bridge as well. Such a heartbreaking decision to make for us all, but its also the most unselfish and loving thing we can do for our fur babies. You had the extra time with scout , as i did with Zeus, the last 3 weeks i stayed with him night and day, and I’m sure you spoiled him and cuddled and loved him as much as you could, and he went to the bridge with all of that and more. I’m sorry for your loss 💕
Michelle (momtozeus) xx
Quote 0 0