Forum

Author   Comment  
trishacox

Reply with quote  #1 
I just losst my 15 1/2 year old Sheltie named Sunny on Friday.... I had him for nearly half of my life, and losing him has been really hard. I keep looking for him every time I turn around, and the loss hits me everytime I realize he's not there. I was at work when he passed, and the fact that I wasn't there for him is really taking it's toll on me... I wanted to be there to tell him it was going to be ok. He seemed to have not suffered, which gives me some comfort. I will miss him terribly.

trish
jackcamping2004

Reply with quote  #2 
I put my little man down in September. He was not himself but still moving around. I though it was the humane thing to do but then as time went on I thought what if he had time left and I took that away from him. I don't think there is a right way or wrong way. We will always feel the loss deeply if we loved our pet. 6 weeks after putting my Chico to sleep, my Sassie got away and ran on a busy highway and was killed. I am not crying everyday anymore. I still cry a lot. This Christmas will especially be hard. My heart goes out to you, but know you are not alone.

katysmum

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Trish,

You are so brave. The hurt that you must feel I'm sure is unbearable. I'm sure that you are still looking for him. I am still very much in the tears stage at the moment. I lost my little girl yesterday. I just want her back but i know that is impossible. I was with her when she passed and it was not peaceful so you can remember him the way he was when you left for work. What has helped me if just a little was making up a little powerpoint of photos and lighting a candle. Its like her own little memorial. Its the the only thing that is helping at the moment. Maybe setting up a little memorial for your boy might help even if it is just a little.

Take care,

Katysmum
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.