lreddick
My beautiful girl Coco's health problems started in October 2018.  It first started out with her constantly licking her paws until they were red, then she got her first ever bladder infection and then to my surprise she was diagnosed with diabetes.  This all happened in October 2018.  Shortly after she was diagnosed with liver issues and she was also anemic...what the hey is right.  My poor girl  She had to wear a cone to prevent her from licking her paws so they could heal.  Her paws finally healed and then she got this really bad skin disease that most affected her face but made its way to several areas of her body.  I had been taking her to the vet, an internist and a dermatologist. I did everything they recommended to help with all of her issues but she just seemed to get worse over the past few weeks.  I know she must have felt horrible and she seemed depressed.  She was moving very slow and started to lose her balance.  When she stopped eating and stopped wagging her tale a week ago, I knew that was her way of telling me that she was done.  It was the absolute hardest decision for me to make but I decided to have her euthanized by her internist this past Wednesday.  It was very peaceful and she is in no more pain or discomfort but I'm the one left in so much pain.  She was girl for almost 11 years.  She was the absolute best most beautiful dog.  I say I lost my shadow because up until October, wherever I went Coco followed.  Everyone loved Coco.  My house is so empty with her.  I feel so alone and sad without her.  People ask if I'm going to get another dog and I say that there is no way I can replace her.  No dog will ever be as great as her.  I know life goes on and I should be happy about all of the wonderful and happy memories but it is overshadowed with heartache and depression.  It will take me time to adjust to life without my shadow.
Quote 0 0
Andee
I am sorry for your loss of Coco. It is indeed very difficult to let them go. I think it is a bit too soon to be thinking of another pet, you need some time to grieve your loss. Our pets are never replaced. When and if we choose to get another pet, a new love develops just for that pet. Our hearts are capable of developing many loving spaces, a space for each unique pet we bring into our lives. You will know when you are ready for a new pet. Life can be lonely without our furry loves. But take your time to grieve, be patient with yourself and know you are not alone. We are all here to grieve together.
Furry Love Is Forever
Quote 1 0
Ceceliadempsey3
lreddick wrote:
My beautiful girl Coco's health problems started in October 2018.  It first started out with her constantly licking her paws until they were red, then she got her first ever bladder infection and then to my surprise she was diagnosed with diabetes.  This all happened in October 2018.  Shortly after she was diagnosed with liver issues and she was also anemic...what the hey is right.  My poor girl  She had to wear a cone to prevent her from licking her paws so they could heal.  Her paws finally healed and then she got this really bad skin disease that most affected her face but made its way to several areas of her body.  I had been taking her to the vet, an internist and a dermatologist. I did everything they recommended to help with all of her issues but she just seemed to get worse over the past few weeks.  I know she must have felt horrible and she seemed depressed.  She was moving very slow and started to lose her balance.  When she stopped eating and stopped wagging her tale a week ago, I knew that was her way of telling me that she was done.  It was the absolute hardest decision for me to make but I decided to have her euthanized by her internist this past Wednesday.  It was very peaceful and she is in no more pain or discomfort but I'm the one left in so much pain.  She was girl for almost 11 years.  She was the absolute best most beautiful dog.  I say I lost my shadow because up until October, wherever I went Coco followed.  Everyone loved Coco.  My house is so empty with her.  I feel so alone and sad without her.  People ask if I'm going to get another dog and I say that there is no way I can replace her.  No dog will ever be as great as her.  I know life goes on and I should be happy about all of the wonderful and happy memories but it is overshadowed with heartache and depression.  It will take me time to adjust to life without my shadow.
Quote 0 0
3_cats_mom
I feel sorry about your coco. It is veryyyy sad to lose a fur baby. That's why we are all here sharing our experience and hoping that we'll find some comfort. If you are still not over the loss of her, I don't think you are ready for a new dog. No pet can ever be replaced by another one. They are all different. You need more time to grieve and maybe eventually you will be ready.
Quote 0 0
Mycatisanastronaut
So sorry about your loss. I hope this forum can help you. It certainly has helped me
Quote 0 0