Forum

Author   Comment  
jennb1974

Reply with quote  #1 

Halloween was a horrible day for my husband and I. We had decided to put down our 15 year old Golden Retriever "Rusty". He was not feeling well at all on friday he couldnt eat and laid around all day( very weak). When we tried to get him up he would fall down. He has been going down hill for awhile. His legs were not working very well and he was going to the bathroom in the house. I am so happy that I had 9 years with Rusty, he was my husbands dog and he had him since rusty was 8 weeks old. Our other dog Tabitha, a hound mix, knows he is not around anymore. She seemed very down on saturday, sleeping all day. At night she would sniff around. She misses her big brother so much. I cant go a day without crying. We loved him so much but we understand. He  lived to be 15, that is amazing for any dog. We are going to keep his cremations in a cedar box. Are there alot of people out there that do that? We have never done that before. He was very important to us. I love you Rusty and I hope you made it the RAINBOW BRIDGE my little man ( i always called him that) .

Maria

Reply with quote  #2 
I'm so sorry you and your husband had to assist Rusty to the Bridge but it was the only loving thing you could do for him since his quality of life was so poor, you gave him the last gift of your love. I have Ralphie's ashes in a little black urn but I know other fur parents who have bought beautiful wooden boxes to keep the ashes in - whatever feels right to you is okay. Please give your other dog lots of love and attention and tell her Rusty is running pain free through the beautiful meadows at Rainbow Bridge. Hugs & prayers for healing in the days ahead.

Tricia

Reply with quote  #3 
Dear Jenn,

Oh I'm so very sorry that your precious Rusty has made his journey to the Bridge, but Rusty knows how very much he is loved and that you gave him the gift of love and he will now be free to run and play at beautiful Rainbow Bridge with all his new friends.

Your other baby now needs all your love and attention and I'm sure she is missing  her big brother. My hugs to her!!

I have both my Burton and Ozzie in Cedar urns and on our hutch where the sunbeam comes in. We fine that it brings us peace and comfort.

Your "little man's" precious spirit will forever live in your heart and soul surrounding you with his love. He is just a whisper away.

My heartfelt thoughts and prayers are with you and your husband.

Blessings and hugs,

Tricia

Attached Images
jpeg BurtonandOzzie2.jpg (179.16 KB, 2 views)

"Good night sweet prince:And flights of angels sing thee to thy rest!"
William Shakespere's Hamlet

dustyangel

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so very sorry for the loss of your dear Rusty, and for the sadness you feel at his loss.  So many things will remind you of him each day, as our pets become so woven into our daily routines.  Halloween took my Patches, my sweet little 1 1/2 year-old kitty, and each morning since, I can't get through the morning routine of feeding my other 2 kitties their can cat food without crying.... 

I had read somewhere before that "
When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure." ~Author Unknown 

Each memory you have of your dear Rusty, each memory of the times he made you laugh, of all the special things he brought to you and your husband's lives, will remain treasures of your hearts.  And yes, I lost my very special boy, Dusty, my male cat, my "son", in 2007, and his ashes (with a tuft of his fur on the felt inside the lid) will remain with me.  I also have DJ, and very soon, will add Patches cedar box to the memorial area in my home, each box with a tuft of my baby's fur. 

God bless you & your family at this very sad time. 

Karen (Dusty, DJ, & Patches mom)

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DUSTY101/Resident.htm

"Perhaps they are not the stars, but rather openings in Heaven where the love of our lost ones pours through and shines down upon us to let us know they are happy."
~Author Unknown~
Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #5 
Dear Jenn,

I'm so sorry to hear that Rusty's time came to go to the Rainbow Bridge, leaving you with bruised and battered hearts.  Bless you and your husband for assisting him on that journey when it was the last thing in the world you wanted to have to do.  You prevented his suffering knowing your own would just begin. Rusty is young, healthy, and free for eternity now, and he will always live in spirit and in your hearts.

I think it's wonderful that you had Rusty cremated so you can bring him home where he belongs and make a nice memorial for him.  Yes, many of us have done the same thing, and many others who didn't make that decision have made other memorials for their Bridge Kids.

Please come back and tell us all about life with Rusty over the years he was with you.  He was so blessed to have found his way to your loving forever home. 

Please give Tabitha squillions of ear scratches and tummy rubs for me.  Watch her for signs that Rusty is visiting. I honestly believe that our surviving animals can see the others, and they often pass messages along to us from their best friends on the other side. 

You, your husband, Tabitha, and Angel Rusty are all in my thoughts and prayers.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.