Carolina08az
Hello everyone, 

My boyfriend and I recently lost our pup Smokey (american bully) this weekend. He was only 1 year and 8 months. We were on a trip to the river, so we left him in the care of my brother and my parents. He always walks him to the park but on Saturday he was not feeling well after the park. He was having a heat stroke, they gave him water and wrapped towels on him and took him to the vet. By the time he arrived to the vet it was too late. The vet said he had a heart attack. We came home immediately. We have not stopped crying, and my boyfriend is really depressed. I know it was an accident, but I feel guilty that I am the cause of this because it was my brother who was last with Smokey. I know he cared about smokey and didn't mean to hurt him. My whole family is in pain because they loved him as a family member and they blame themselves for this.  My boyfriend is really upset with my brother. I don't know what to do, I feel helpless because he cries and I cry.  Smokey was our everything. He was always a happy dog, always wanted to play and loved you no matter what. This is the worst feeling. Will it ever get better?
Quote 0 0
Cat_of_Mine55
Carolina08az,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I know the feelings that are rushing through you right now. PLEASE DON'T BLAME YOURSELF or your brother. This was an accident nothing more. Your pup knows how much you and your boyfriend loved him. I lost my fur baby 1.5 mths ago and I still feel foggy and out of it. I still cry everyday it's so lonely without our fur babies. This depression will pass my friend I promise you it will. Your grieving right now and it is still so very fresh. The worst thing you can do is blame yourself. I did the same thing. You keep questioning yourself and by doing this you will drive yourself crazy. Your brother and parents loved your fur baby just like family. This is no one's fault. Your fur baby's heart was weak and therefore passed over to the rainbow bridge with all of our beloved fur babies. There they have no pain,they are all healthy young and vibrate. They have all the food they want. And they play all day long in the sun filled fields and meadows. One day when you pass over you will meet your fur baby at that bridge and you will stop short you know why? BECAUSE YOU BOTH JUST SAW EACH OTHER FROM A DISTANCE. You will both run as fast as you can into each other's arm's forever and never be apart! I hope to see you on Monday night's candle tribute. Where we can all talk to our fur babies. Praying for peace in your heart. RIP Smokey. Your friend Tara!

Quote 1 0
camunki
I am sorry for the loss of your Smokey and yes the grieving path is a hard one....and adding blame and guilt into the picture will just make the grieving process alot longer. As your brother did not intentionally do this, it was an accident. I know the first few months are by far the hardest, we miss our babies, especially in the morning when waking up and then at night going to sleep. 

Please keep posting here, it will take away that alone feeling, and always know that your Smokey loves you. I remember reading on these forums in the past of young dogs having heart attacks and it is sad, yet never planned.

I am so sorry for your loss of Smokey, he is still with you and loves you...your guardian angel....til you meet again.

Cam

Quote 1 0
Carolina08az
Thank you so much Tara! I started crying reading this. I hope he is enjoying his time in doggy heaven and I hope to see him when my time comes. I will continue to keep coming back to this forum, it feels good to know that there are so many people that understand my pain. 

Cat_of_Mine55 wrote:
Carolina08az,

I am so very sorry for the loss of your fur baby. I know the feelings that are rushing through you right now. PLEASE DON'T BLAME YOURSELF or your brother. This was an accident nothing more. Your pup knows how much you and your boyfriend loved him. I lost my fur baby 1.5 mths ago and I still feel foggy and out of it. I still cry everyday it's so lonely without our fur babies. This depression will pass my friend I promise you it will. Your grieving right now and it is still so very fresh. The worst thing you can do is blame yourself. I did the same thing. You keep questioning yourself and by doing this you will drive yourself crazy. Your brother and parents loved your fur baby just like family. This is no one's fault. Your fur baby's heart was weak and therefore passed over to the rainbow bridge with all of our beloved fur babies. There they have no pain,they are all healthy young and vibrate. They have all the food they want. And they play all day long in the sun filled fields and meadows. One day when you pass over you will meet your fur baby at that bridge and you will stop short you know why? BECAUSE YOU BOTH JUST SAW EACH OTHER FROM A DISTANCE. You will both run as fast as you can into each other's arm's forever and never be apart! I hope to see you on Monday night's candle tribute. Where we can all talk to our fur babies. Praying for peace in your heart. RIP Smokey. Your friend Tara!

Quote 0 0
Carolina08az
Yes, this morning I glanced over to see if he was laying down in his bed. I wish this was all just a horrible nightmare that I can wake up from.  Thank you for your kind words, and making me feel that I am not in this alone. 

camunki wrote:
I am sorry for the loss of your Smokey and yes the grieving path is a hard one....and adding blame and guilt into the picture will just make the grieving process alot longer. As your brother did not intentionally do this, it was an accident. I know the first few months are by far the hardest, we miss our babies, especially in the morning when waking up and then at night going to sleep. 

Please keep posting here, it will take away that alone feeling, and always know that your Smokey loves you. I remember reading on these forums in the past of young dogs having heart attacks and it is sad, yet never planned.

I am so sorry for your loss of Smokey, he is still with you and loves you...your guardian angel....til you meet again.
Quote 0 0