Vnslfm
Today after 7 years of companionship for our family we had to put our dog to sleep. My peter Parker boy was such a kind dog he would have never hurt anyone and I'm just so sad about it. He had been doing badly for some time, but evacuating the flood zone just did him in. We were staying with friends and he deteriorated very quickly overnight and in the morning. Our vet office was not open because they were flooded but we were able to find another vet we used to see when we lived on the other side of town that agreed to see us if we could hurry before they closed due to all the flooding. I think the stress of our circumstances is adding to how awful I feel because I knew deep down his time was coming quickly and we had been told that 13 for a basset hound was quite old. I was working so hard keeping him alive but I knew my efforts were slowly failing. At least yesterday while he slept most of the day away at my friends house that we evacuated to there was 8 kids there that spent the day loving on him and he even got up this morning before he got really bad and ran on her acerage and just dogged for a good 35 minutes. But then it suddenly he took a turn and I knew it was bad. Out of fear of not finding a open vet and they agreed to help us I had to say the quickest goodbye and let my children tell him goodbye so my husband could get there in time. My children were broken and even throwing up. Anyways I hope as time passes things get better. I'm glad I didn't have to watch him suffer for days because I couldn't find a place to help him. Thanks for listening.
Quote 0 0
William
Hi
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm also sorry you are in the middle of this devastating flood situation.
Bit traumatic situations. I'm glad you got your baby to a place that could help him before you watched him decline more. Some pets and humans " rally" before they pass. Sounds like your baby had a wonderful run and he probably felt like a puppy. I'm glad he was able to get love and attention before you had to say goodbye.

This is a very traumatic experience for all of you. Losing your boy in the midst of such chaos.
Please stay and know your boy is at peace now.
❤️
Kim
Quote 0 0
LisaAndy
I am very sorry. You did the right thing under trying circumstances to not let him suffer any longer. How terrible with all the flooding going on. It sounds like he had a good last day being loved and getting to play a little. Very sorry for your loss, he sounds like a great dog.
Quote 0 0
Juliecatharine
I'm so sorry for your loss and all that's happening with the floods. I hope you find some peace, he was clearly well loved. ❤️ Hugs to you.
Quote 0 0
CK
So very sorry for the loss of Parker but I'm glad he had a lovely last day amid all the chaos of the flooding you are going through. xx
Quote 0 0
littleguy
so sorry for the  loss of your furbaby and also all the other circumstances "the flood" going on in your life , my heart just goes out to you, but know you did the right thing for him as if we all could we would never let them go just out of our own selfishness to keep them for us  but always know you did the right thing for your boy as you took his pain away and excepted it for you to bare ,thoughts and prayers to you and your family .

littleguys mom     
pamela meadows
Quote 0 0
Vnslfm
Thanks everyone. Today we focus on helping others which makes it a bit easier.
Quote 0 0
Jackz
So very sorry for your loss.
Quote 0 0