Sophiesdada
My little girl was attacked by 2 staffies on thursday while she was out on a walk. Me and my wife rushed her to the vet for energency surgery (which she survived) but on Saturday morning whilst having her dressings changed she got a blood clot and she passed on. Me and my wife are beyond grief. We feel guilty, If only she would have gone out later or I could have picked her up in time then she would still be here.

Sophie was on her lead and so were the staffies but they escaped from their owner (who didnt try and help) I tried to get them off my girl and got a wound on my hand.

I can't do with this guilt, she was only a 4 year old JRT she needed my protection and I failed her. The police are after the guy and 2 newspapers have our story. Me and my wife have warned lots of dog walkers in the park but my baby is still gone.
Quote 0 0
erikacam
So sorry for your loss
Just know that its not your fault!
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for your loss.  I know how hard it is.  You did all you could do.  Guilt is a part of grief and I know I have my share.  Read the postings, cry, scream, do whatever you have to do to cope.  That unconditional love is something you don't let go of.

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
Katel
Oh how terrible for you to have that happen to your little Sophie.  It is beyond awful.  I do hope the owner of those dogs is caught so it will not happen again.   His dogs are obviously out of control, not their fault I would say, but his.
I'm so sorry for your grief and can only say you could not possibly have protected her in this case, it was not your fault.   I hope you and your wife can comfort each other and meanwhile perhaps you will tell us more about your little dog or post a picture one day.  Prayers for peace.
Kate 
Quote 0 0
Lilimarie
I am so sorry. You loved your little girl and she loved y'all. I wish strength and peace for you and your wife. Sophie knows you did all you could for her. Share your happy memories of her.
Quote 0 0
SophieDogsMama
I am so, so sorry that you lost your little dog.  It's so painful to lose them even in the most peaceful way.   At least for me, I found that coming here often, and mostly typing out my feelings helped so much.

You obviously did everything you could possibly do, accidents like this are so senseless.  I'm so, so sorry.
Quote 0 0