Missyazmn
Yesterday we took my 8 year old chihuahua to be put to rest. She has been sick for some time and recently starting becoming very withdrawn from everyone in the family. It was the hardest decision I've ever made. I have not been able to stop crying. The hurt is so intense that sometimes I feel like I can't handle it. My daughter keeps saying she wants Lily which is more heart breaking. I want the hurt to stop and I want my dog back!!!!!?
Quote 0 0
hinhan0748
I understand completely. Monday we took our Shunka, my wonderful 11 year old Shih Tzu, to the vet and said our last goodbyes. I have cried for three days and find myself sitting in my car screaming at the top of my lungs that I want my dog back. Actually, the screaming makes me feel better. I am almost unable to function normally. I wander the house looking at his favorite places, scrolling through his photos, and then coming here to this site to find understanding. I know, just as you do...deep down if not on the surface... that we did what they needed out of love for them. They are waiting for us over the bridge. They are not sick, they don't hurt, they are fat and sassy. It doesn't fill the empty, dark hole in my very soul but I know it was best for him. To keep them here longer would have been for US, not THEM. Take comfort in knowing that you acted out of love, your little one knew you loved her, and she would tell you that if she could. They touch our hearts in such a deep way that we feel pain equal to that love when we lose them. You and I will both come to a place where we will remember them only for the joy and laughter they brought. That joy was worth the pain. Monday I believed that I would not have gotten him all those years ago had I known the pain his loss would bring. Three days later I know that the joy and the love were worth it. I would do it again. I wish you peace in your loss.

Shunka's Mom

Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
It has been 8 days since I sent my sweet Chihuahua Raven across Rainbow Bridge so I know exactly what you are going through. I, too, was unable to function normally for the first few days as I worked through the initial pain of losing my best friend. I brought her home last night and felt peace for the first time. She is back with me where she belongs. Please try to think of all the good times you shared together. That will help you somewhat. I still find myself crying when I remember things but that's ok. Allow yourself to grieve. Just remember that you did the most unselfish and loving thing you could do for your furbaby. She knows it and she will always love you.

Hugs,
Melissa (Ravensmommy)
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0
Missyazmn
Thank you guys for your words. Today is day 3. I feel ok sometimes, but other times I feel so depressed that I can't stand myself! I'm trying to work up the courage to go into my laundry room. That's where all of her stuff was. I can't wait to stop crying!
Quote 0 0