sweetkatie

I lost my sweet baby yesterday.  She had been sick for about a month, and was almost 14 years old.  I adopted her with two other boy kitties that have since passed as well.  Each one seems to get harder and harder.

I hate to say that I had a favorite pet, but Katie was my favorite.  We had a special bond I didn't have with any of my others, though I loved them deeply.  I feel like a part of me has died and I don't know what to do.  Some moments I'm ok, and others I can't stop crying.  

I feel so empty and alone without her, even though I have people around me.  She was so perfect, so innocent and she depended on me.  I wish I could have talked to her.  I'm so scared I will never see her again.  

I don't know what to do.

Quote 0 0
Cynthia_H
I am so very sorry for your loss of your beloved sweet Katie.  Katie knows how much you loved her and she loved you as her perfect parent.  

I lost my beloved Mia just over 3 weeks ago.  She was just over 13 years old, a very little senior lady cat.  The hardest thing I ever had to do in my life was to have my vet euthanize Mia when she lost her battle with inoperable cancer and heart disease and she no longer had any quality of life and was suffering.  I wanted to beg her not to go, leaving me in this cold, dark place, but I knew it was her time and her needs were more important than mine.

I read somewhere that "we cannot walk around grief, we have to walk through it".  My grief is waves of feelings of loss, constant crying, and constant wanting Mia back here, a place that is no longer a happy home but just an empty place of sadness and loss.  One day I hope to transform the bulk of this grief to happy memories of my little Mia.  
It is memory of the love and joy my sweet baby brought to my life, the faith that she is still with me in spirit, and the knowing that we will all be together again one day at the Rainbow Bridge that gets me through these dark days.

Take care of and gentle with yourself, my prayers and thoughts are with you.  Cynthia.   
Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
Cynthia -

Thank you so much for your kind words.  It is so hard to watch them slip away.  It breaks my heart every time I think about it, which is most of the time.  I'm sorry for your loss of Mia.  I definitely know what you are feeling, and it sucks.  It's hard to let them go, but it is the right thing to do.  If only we were so kind to our fellow humans when they are in the same situation.  

I feel like I am still healing from having lost my other cat Sherman last year.  His decision wasn't as easy to make even though he was sick.  Of course the decision is never easy.  This brought back all the memories of letting him go.  It is sad how my mind replays the last few moments together over and over.  I wish I could remember the happier times right now.  I guess that will come with time.

I hope you are doing ok, and I hope that you can find the good memories too.  They are there somewhere, I know it.

Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
Also, you might like a book called "The Tenth Good Thing about Barney".  It's about a boy who loses his cat.  It's a kids book, but I found it sweet and comforting.  It was given to me as a gift after I lost Sherman last year.
Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
I'm having a tough time today.  Please tell me, anyone, how do I get through this?  So many sad stories.  I feel like I have no one to talk to about this.
Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
I woke up again today on day four. I can't stop missing her and crying. I see her everywhere and want to touch her one more time.
Quote 0 0
Timmymissu
Oh sweet katie it is so hsrd i have done nothing bit cry today i carry my photo of timmy in my uniform pocket in work and slso a lock of his hair i feel im the only one left crying constantly its awful he was my every thing we have to get through this we have no other choice love to you xxx
Quote 0 0
Loving_gods_babies
I am so very sorry for your loss and feel the pain through the words you post. Not a day goes by that I don't miss my little girl either, even though I adopted two more little "purr units" the loss still is deep within me.

The loss of a pet is a very deep thing because they rely on us to care for them, when they are in pain they rely on us to help them. We can only do what God allows us to do and provides us with the strength to deal with it.

I truly believe in Rainbow Bridge, I believe that they are all healed and watch over us, they provide God with ample fur love as they wait to be reunited with their family again.

I know the hardest thing for me was to not find a replacement for her, but was to save another one and provide them with the love that I would have for her. Remember that there are others waiting to be loved by the caring soul you are, so don't just turn the love off, increase it two fold and continue to love her even though she is gone and try to extend that love to another baby just waiting for the perfect family like yourself. God Bless You
Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
Thank you everyone for the kind words again.  It has been hard but I do have my two other cats to love.  They help, but it's not the same. My one cat has been very clingy the past few days.  I think she misses Katie like I do.  I am not sure I will get a third cat for awhile, maybe not until the older one passes.  I wouldn't leave my youngest alone without a kitty friend, so I know another will happen sometime.  

I am waiting to get her ashes back next week.  I am afraid that will be another hard day to deal with.  I have had my other kitty's ashes for a year now and have not had the heart to open the box to spread some of the ashes.  I can't bear the thought of seeing them, but it is comforting to have them close to me.

Quote 0 0
Lostwithout1
I lost my cat last a Tuesday so I can understand how raw the pain is. We will get thru it, at least that's what everyone says. So sorry for you.
Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
Thank you.  Sorry for your loss too.  I miss her very much and I hope that it gets easier.  
Quote 0 0
LindaDwyer
in time you will feel better.  We never really get over them, we just learn to live without them.  I lost my bengal two years ago, the Christmas before he died my daughter had a large oil painting done of him and I look at it all the time.  After he died I took the picture down for a while then later that year my daughter and son in law surprised me with a bengal kitten for mother's day.  He wasn't born yet but they had put a deposit on him and I got pick of the litter.  He is a joy and acts so much like my other one Its almost like he came back to me.  When the time is right for you open your heart to another, there are so many that need homes, you'll be saving a life and it will make you feel better.
He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion"
Quote 0 0
michelle54
I share your pain so much. I come close to crying everyday. I loved Oliver more than I can ever express. Just cry and feel the emotions. They help us heal just alittle bit. Oliver was mommy's baby... Forever

Quote 0 0
sweetkatie
Thank you.  I haven't cried yet today but I am sure it is coming.  I've been writing to her every day in my journal.  It helps a lot.  I can't even think about last week, and it's hard to look at pictures right now.  Sometimes I look at them even though I know it will hurt, because I miss seeing her and am terrified that her image will fade from my mind.  I wish I could bottle up her meow so I could hear it whenever I want.

This really sucks.
Quote 0 0
allisones
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I just this morning lost my Thelma and am now where you were when you posted this. I can't stop crying and my grief comes in waves. I know time helps us to heal. I hope you are doing ok.
Quote 0 0