MissingMyGirl Show full post »
MonkeysMama
Christy,

I just wanted you to know you've been in my mind and heart. You and Cody. I'm sure with all my heart and soul I will see Monkey again one day as I'm sure you'll see Cody.

I hope today was OK. I hope when you thought of your sweet girl you smiled.

Sending love and hope to you and your baby girl,
Angelena
Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0
MissingMyGirl
jfarnan wrote:
Cody's mom 

thank you for sharing your story, I lost my girl too yesterday, and in the exact same way. Winnie was an 11yr old Golden, healthy as a horse until this past Saturday when she just wasn't herself, lethargic and not eating, and we took her in only to hear the exact same news, likely hemangiosarcoma with internal bleeding and the exact same prognostic numbers. We opted against surgery as well, one because Winnie hated to be left anywhere alone without her buddy Cooper (our 13yr old Golden) and my parents had a dog Casey, who had the same thing happen, and he did have surgery, only to spend weeks in an ICU and then come home shortly and then re-bleed. We wanted to make our girl comfortable and happy, and so we brought her home to spend one last night in her "spot" and then had her go to sleep comfortable and with her family. 
Hearing all of your thoughts, and knowing that others second guessed their own decisions and the grief, is actually comforting, because inherently I know that we did the best for her, but it was such a shock and still is, not sure we ever "get over" it, but learn to live with a new normal, I worry about my big man Coop being alone, and he has lots of health problems, but trying to keep it all normal for him 

Cody and Winnie are hopefully having a great time together, no fireworks and loud noises and all of the liver sausage that you can eat

jfarnan,
Thank you for sharing Winnie's story, and I'm sorry you had to go through the same exact thing. I would have loved to bring my girl Cody home for one last night, but when I saw her at the hospital, she just looked so uncomfortable, weak, and sad. I didn't want to put her through the stress of transporting her home, so instead I spent a few hours with her at the hospital. I know she would understand and appreciate that I didn't want her to suffer.
Cody's Mom (Christy)
Quote 0 0
MissingMyGirl
MonkeysMama wrote:
Christy,

I just wanted you to know you've been in my mind and heart. You and Cody. I'm sure with all my heart and soul I will see Monkey again one day as I'm sure you'll see Cody.

I hope today was OK. I hope when you thought of your sweet girl you smiled.

Sending love and hope to you and your baby girl,
Angelena

Thank you, Angelena. Today is a better day. :-)
Cody's Mom (Christy)
Quote 0 0
MissingMyGirl
mylittlebittychase wrote:
Christy....I lost my sweet Chase on Sunday, 7.20.14, & I haven't stopped crying. He was a precious 16 year old Pekingese & the love of my life. You did one of the most loving & unselfish acts for your sweet Cody that you could have ever done for her. You put her comfort & feelings before your own. I know exactly what you are talking about...missing the sound of Cody's nails on the hardwood floor & the jingle of her collar. We have hardwood & travertine floors...when Chase would walk across, it sounded like he was tap-dancing... I called him my Tiny Dancer...one of his many nicknames....I miss that sound SO much & long to hear it again. I have no doubt you feel the same about your tap dancer. :) As I'm sure you are to, I'm still trying to understand why all this happend. One day, everything is fine...the next, your world comes crashing down & you're left w/a whole in your heart that's so big & you feel as though you can't catch your breath. I'm right there w/you....as are many others. Have you created a Rainbow Bridge residency for sweet Cody?? I highly recommend doing so if you haven't. Also, attend a Monday candle lite service. I attended my first last night & while I cried the entire time, it's a sweet & sincere way to honor your Cody. I will have you in my prayers. Feel free to respond if you want. Take care....Michelle (aka: Chase's mamma) Ps.....noticed you started your post w/Aloha....which Hawaiian Island?? One of my bf's lives on Maui :)

mylittlebittychase,
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing about your sweet Chase. Yes, the tap dancing, or clicky clacking as I liked to call it, was such a sweet sound. The silence is deafening at times. I tried to attend a candle lighting last week, but I got the times messed up.  I'm usually still at work when they are held, but I frequently work from home, so I will try to attend one in the near future.  And yes, I live Aloha on the island of Oahu :-)  
Cody's Mom (Christy)
Quote 0 0