Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 2      Prev   1   2
PalomaSla

Reply with quote  #16 
I am deeply sorry for your loss. I lost my basset hound Daisy on 11/2/18. She was my whole world. She was a rescue as well. When Daisy was alive she was a spoiled princess and would never let anyone by me or her daddy because she wanted all the attention to herself. When Daisy passed I knew it was hard for her to leave us. I could see it in her eyes. She wouldn’t want us to be alone which is why I am now going to volunteer at the local Basset rescue and adopt/ rescue another one. It is the only thing getting me through to be honest knowing there’s another hound out there that needs me and I can’t be selfish. Summer wouldn’t want you to be alone either. The picture of you too is beautiful. Prayers are with you.
Catherine76

Reply with quote  #17 
That is such a great photo of you two - just look at her face! What wisdom and beauty. I know just how much it hurts, my thoughts are with you. You are so lucky to have had her...

Reply with quote  #18 
2 weeks ago I lost you. It feels like 2 years and yet the pain is still just as bad. I'm looking at your dog hairs on my shirt right now. God, I miss you so much it hurts - it truly takes me breath away.  I find myself forgetting the small things - the cute spot under your eye that I liked to kiss you. The way you used to look at me. I miss you so much my sweet girl. I love you. 

card.jpg 

Catherine76

Reply with quote  #19 
It's been two weeks for me too. I am on a business trip and I brought one of her favorite toys with me. I often found it in my bed and it's still got her fur on it. So I like having it in my hotel bed. I started writing down all the things I was afraid of forgetting. It's already 8 pages long. The pain is still so raw, but I do like to read the list, and remember, even thought it makes me cry..

Reply with quote  #20 
Miss you so much crazy Summer girl. 

I remember how you used to kill roaches for me. Roaches disgust me and every time I saw one, I would scream, and you would yelp so loud and run to find the roach. You would pounce on it and kill it for me - so proud of yourself. It made me laugh. You protected me. 

I always told my friends that if someone can get through my alarm and my dog, then they can take me. You would have taken a bullet for me. You were so selfless. You were a better dog than I am a human.

As crazy as this sounds, I used to think about what would happen if there was a zombie apocalypse. I would always think about how it would be you and me vs the world. And it would be okay if we fought the world together and I knew we would both go down kicking and screaming together as a team. 

It feels so unfair to be here without you. I miss you so much my precious girl. I am so sorry I had to let you go when you weren't ready...when there wasn't a zombie and you still have fight in you. 
I hope you forgive me. 
SummerBear2018

Reply with quote  #21 
I had a dream about you last night! It felt so real. I could feel your fur, saw your spay tatto and your little freckle on your leg (I forgot about that freckle!). I could smell you. You were so happy and so young and were rolling on your back.

In my dream, I knew it was a dream. I told myself I was dreaming and I told myself not to wake up and enjoy this moment with you, petting you and kissing your soft nose. Then I felt myself slowly waking up and coming to and you were gone.

I dont really believe in animal spirits but I am hoping that if I am wrong, that really was you coming to say hi and give me some comfort. If so, THANK YOU! I miss you so much. 
kimbah

Reply with quote  #22 
Hey Summerbear - I think Summer just sent  you a little message like you wished for. That's so cool!!! I hope you had a big smile on your face, there hard to come by these days. I even cried a happy tear for you.

I have been trying to stay busy to keep my pea brain occupied. I do okay for a while then not so good for awhile. I think I'm starting to understand why losing Bear is the worst thing ever but It  doesn't  make me feel any better, at all.    

I say a little prayer for you every night, tonight I will pray you have another awesome Summer dream.

Reply with quote  #23 
I'm so sorry for your loss, she is such a beautiful girl. It's comforting to know I'm not the only one having a hard time finding fur on clothes. I have a fleece coat that is hanging up untouched because I can't bring myself to wear it or clean it because her fur is all over it.
I also laughed a little because I also had a zombie apocalypse dream with my fur baby by my side. It was a little more complicated because she was a small cat that hated outside like it was all lava! So we didn't quite try to fight the hordes.
I send many hugs your way. <3
Nacoka

Reply with quote  #24 
Dear Summerbear. What a beautiful gift you received. Summer is reaching out to you. She’s okay. My boy, Jack, died 8 weeks ago. I’ve prayed for him to come into my dreams. Nothing so far. II did have a dream that there were 9 Maltese puppies born. (He was a Maltese and he was 9 years old). But I would love to see him run and play again. I’m having a hard time. I can go on with my day, but something will trigger me and the tears start to fall. I’m looking forward to the time when I can think of him and smile. Right now I tear up when I think of him.
SummerBear2018

Reply with quote  #25 
Thank you all for the kind notes. It does help to know that you are not alone in this grief.

It was tough to put on a smile over the holidays and act like everything was okay.

I brought some of Summer's ashes with me and put them in the lake that she used to love to swim in. That was really hard and all of these memories came back. I still cry everyday. It doesnt feel like it is getting any easier. I miss her so much. 
kimbah

Reply with quote  #26 
Hi Summerbear, I've been thinking about you. I hope the days are getting a little better for you!
Yesterday was 11 weeks since losing my Bear and it's been horrible. I give up on trying to find ways to help me cope with the pain because nothing has worked. I hope you have found something to help you move forward.

Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.