BristolsMom
I lost my sweet Bristol suddenly to AIHA (Auto Immune Hemolytic Anemia) two weeks ago and I am still stunned from grief.  She was a healthy girl about to turn 9 and in a matter of days she was gone.

I was 2,000 miles away helping my Dad because my Mom just passed away so I'm overwhelmed at how much I'm hurting because I wasn't with my girl at the end when she was struggling.  I'm incredibly sad to think she wanted me and needed me there and I wasn't.  

She was my furbaby love of my life and soul-mate.  I've had other furbabies throughout my life that I loved but nothing like the bond Bristol and I had.  That bond will never be replaced and will never be forgotten.  

I am glad I found this sight.  It helps to know that I am not completely crazy, but then again...

Quote 0 0
chipperboy
I am so sorry for your loss of Bristol! She is beautiful! I am also very sorry for the loss of your mother. Its like you got a double dose of grief. :(

I can completely understand your bond with Bristol. I had the same kind of bond with my baby. 

I have heard many stories of how a furbaby or even a loved one wait to cross over until they are apart from other loved ones. I was listening to a radio show a few days ago of someone who works with animals and she said that when a animal has a strong bond with their person, they sometimes find it difficult to leave their body. They have to wait until they are seperated for the bond and energy level to decrease so they can make the journey. I am a firm believer that it doesn't matter where we are, when our babies cross over, they have the ability to be with us immediately in spirit. So, even though you were physically far away, she was with you in spirit immediately.

I also believe she knew you had a job to do and understands why you weren't there. Dogs can sense these kinds of things. So, please, don't feel guilty for not being there. She knew where you were and what you were doing.

We are all in the grieving process or have walked the journey of adjusting to life without our babies. We are here to help give you support and understanding as you grieve Bristol and even your mom.

When you can, tell us more about Bristol.
Chipper's Mom

Momma's Chipper Boy (9/19/95 - 1/30/11) My heart, my love, my buddy! I miss you and love you so, so much! I can't wait to see you at the bridge! Love, Mommy

Lady "Ladybugs" (8/2/03 - 6/5/17) My sweet girl. Thanks for the walks, playtime, sock collection, boo boo kisses and love you gave all of us. We will miss you dearly! Until we meet again...we love you!
Quote 0 0
donnalee
BristolsMom, I am so sorry for your great losses and can't imagine dealing with both at once.  It seems it would be overwhelming.  Wow, that all really makes sense what chipperboy wrote and I find it very encouraging.  Yes, here we surely understand that one special bond that is just different than all others.  My heart and my thoughts are with you. 

Quote 0 0
Woodypatty
I am so sorry for your losses of both your Mom and Bristol. It must have been agony not to be with your girl. I can't imagine how much you must be grieving. I hope what chipperboy said brings you some comfort. It makes sense. I know even with humans it can be true. My mother stayed by my father as he lay dieing. However when my mother was convinced she must go and get some food for herself. He took those moments to go.As a nurse I have seen  so many passings and often the person leaves just as they wished wither it be alone or with those they wanted there. I hope coming here helps if only a little. May you have some peace in this day.                                                                                                     Patty
Quote 0 0
Reilly
I'm so sorry for your losses. There is nothing I can say or do that will make you feel better. I just want to let you know that I feel for you and that I'm here. 
Reilly, I will love you forever. I will see you at the Rainbow Bridge.
Quote 0 0
Loving_Ayesha
Bristolsmom:

So sorry for your losses. It hurts, especially after losing a parent also. I can't even imagine the pain you are going through...
 I recently said goodbye to my little Ayesha (on left). She was my soulmate as well.
Chipperboy has some very good insights. Sometimes circumstances are beyond our control and it's natural to feel guilty and to second-guess ourselves. I have been asking myself many such questions recently. There is a great deal we do not know or understand, but the answers will come to us.
You are not alone.
Bristol was a Cutie! She loved you very much.

"A performing artist she; she purred with the mastery of an accomplished musician."
Quote 0 0