Bdoggie Show full post »
Sayuri
I deeply appreciate your words, Bill. Everyday is a struggle. Most of my Babies were put to sleep at home or I was there with them and said goodbye. Of all my pets she was the one that was more fearful and anxious. All but three were rescues Neurologist said she'd have a better chance if we left her there to be treated aggressively. It might be that she might have had a reaction to meds, just like Mitsie. Or overdosed? But most likely she couldn't handle the stress and anxiety. Her panting and labored breathing was probably too much. I just can't understand why all the blood from nose and mouth even day after. She was there bc two days before she started regurgitating, which I knew was due to myasthenia gravis, and Megaesophagus is a condition from it. When I was told over the phone she should stay, I thought she had suddenly gotten worst, but I've checked her med records, and CBC and nothing was completely off. Vet said she had a fever, but her numbers aren't considered a fever. I'm sorry I couldn't stop ranting. This is the hardest loss I've dealt with. I wake up thinking about her and go to sleep crying. Thank you for reading. Best regards.
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
Sayuri, I'm so sorry for your loss. I know it must be really hard feeling the loss, grief and that someone's mistake may have caused it. It's probably very hard knowing there is little you can do about it. To hold someone accountable. Even if you could, it would not ease your grief.

I know it's a struggle. I go through it everyday. I can't imagine the added burden you are going through. Mitsie was a gift, and that's how I try to get through each day. Focus on the beauty that was, my Mitsie girl. The alternative is not an option.

Thoughts...
Bill
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
I finally started to go through Mitsie's toys. She had so many. Just bagging some up. I can not throw any away. So hard............
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
Today is 4 weeks since Our Mitsie girl passed. I can honestly say I can now talk about her more with a smile than with tears. Don't get me wrong, the tears still come. But the grief isn't as crushing. I'd rather celebrate her life and my shared time with her. That's what Mitsie deserves......😉
Quote 0 0
Sayuri
I'm very happy for you. One step at a time, one breath at a time and one prayer at a time. Mitsi indeed must be happy you are remembering all the love she gave you and you her.
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
Thank You, Sayuri.......😉
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
Just some random thoughts.

I have the ashes of 5 furbabies in the house and 2 buried in our back yard. They span 35-40 years. I think about them often. I loved them all very much. But all different. They all represented different time in our lives. They all had very unique personalities. I had 2 Black Labs, boy and girl(Corky and Mariah), I had a chow/husky mix boy(Buddy), pitbull/lab mix girl(Mitsie Jean), a Heinz 57 mix girl(Taffy) and 2 rottys(Louie and Mitsie Louise). As you can see I've had little boys and little girls. Pure breeds and Mutts. Shelter dogs and pet store puppies. I loved them all very much. But they were all little characters. And they were all different.

When each one passed, I thought I'd never find another to love like that one and I didn't. I did find a new love though, only different. It hurts everytime, but the love was worth it.

I used to think of what would have happened, if my babies had ended up with someone who mistreated them. But knowing that I gave them a safe, loving home that they deserved (and my kids were all spoiled) makes the pain we feel now bearable. We save them from what could have been a far worse life.

We will adopt again. I found a rescue near my home, that rescues furbabies from Kill shelters. I read a dogs last will and testament. It was beautiful and I can't think of a better way to honor Mitsie and my other furbabies.

My thoughts to all who go through what we do.....
Bill

Quote 0 0
rbaharav
Thank you for writing that post.  It gives me hope as my Chocolate Lab that I had since he was 10weeks old died from cancer at 12

I know I won't love another like I did my coco, but maybe in time a different love.

Robin Baharav
Quote 0 0
BerlinsMomma
Thanks for this. I have been thinking of getting another dog from a rescue. Berlin died 7 weeks ago tomorrow and a big part of me worries it's too soon but my heart hurts so much without her and it is so damn quiet in my home and I have so much love to give an animal! I've filled out an application at a local rescue. I hope it's the right decision. 🐾
Quote 0 0
Bdoggie
I'm sorry BerlinsMomma that it's taken me so long to reply. My wife and I are also looking at rescues. Today has been 5 weeks since Mitsie left this world. I miss Mitsie every day. I will never replace Mitsie , nor would I want to. But the house is so empty and I really think Mitsie would want us to save another dog, who has never felt love or maybe lost their home. And one thing these poor dogs don't have is time. I applaud you BerlinsMamma. I think you honor your furbaby by paying it forward.
Quote 0 0