Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 5      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #31 
Mitsie would be a really big Weiner dog. She is a 95 lb. Rotty....lol

Your thoughts are appreciated. And I'm sorry about Sadie Mae. She sounds wonderful.

I like Sadie's middle name. The girl we had when we got Mitsie, was Taffy Mae. Another beautiful girl(Border Collie mix) we lost 6 years ago. She too was greatly loved an sadly missed.

Thank you again for your thoughts.
Jasmines_Mom

Reply with quote  #32 
Bdoggie,

I read this quote the other day and it really spoke to me so I thought I would share it with you.

"Grief is like the ocean; it comes in waves, ebbing and flowing.  Sometimes the water is calm, and sometimes it is overwhelming.  All we can do is learn to swim."  - Vickie Harrison

I think all of us here are trying to learn how to swim.  We all miss our babies more than words can express.  I'm just trying to take it one minute at a time.  The days are so long.  Hang in there.  Just do what you can and take care of yourself.

I will leave you with one final quote that I found really beautiful.  

"Goodbyes are only for those who love with their eyes.  Because for those who love with their heart and soul, there is no separation."  - Rumi

Reply with quote  #33 
Reading all the comments is heart wrenching and 100% relatable.  I just came from the drug store and one of the sweet female workers who I haven't seen in a while was laying out inventory and said "Hey, no pup today?". I told her the news and she became misty eyed as I gave her the rundown. It's funny how sometimes you get pre-occupied and can get through hours without a problem, then situations such as this come up and trigger the rewind tape in your brain. 
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #34 
Was supposed to pickup Mitsie's ashes today. Called before we left and they said they forgot today was a holiday. Call back tomorrow. What an emotional rollercoaster. :(
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #35 

Hi BDoggie, 

Please just remember, we (including all your Mitsie and all of our pets, those still living and those that have passed) are made up of carbon. Which is an element found in stars. When stars exploded over 4 billion years ago, that stardust became us (and Mitzie and our pets.) So when you have those ashes? they are Mitzie and they are 4 billion year old stardust. As if they weren't already sacred and Holy enough.

Kind regards,
James
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #36 
We picked up Mitsie's ashes yesterday. We cried all the way home. It was some comfort having Mitsie with us again, but I don't know if we'll ever be the same again.

So Sad.....
harmys_legacy

Reply with quote  #37 
I'm so sorry for your loss. 

I'm waiting and DREADING the call from our Vet that our girl Harmony's ashes are ready. I know i won't be the same. We lost her on Aug 31 💔

You're in my thoughts, friend.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #38 

No one should look at picking up our lost loved ones ashes as a negative thing. Their ashes are sacred. They are Holy in many ways. Please try and look at it that way. Be humbled. Be very grateful that your lost loved one crossed paths with you in the first place and that for a time with them, you truly experienced unconditional love from them.

We are all blessed. Having our loved ones ashes back is a privilege. To keep them, and have them with us, is an honor. I know that it is hard to do. I realize that fully. But it is all truly depends on how you look at them. 

Kind regards,
James
Dai

Reply with quote  #39 
Hi, I'm only on day three of my immense grief for my baby Spin. I'm so sorry for your loss. We love these furry angels with all our hearts and the pain equals to losing a human member of the family. It's so hard to understand why it has to be so.
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #40 
Thank you everyone for your support.

James, I never looked at getting Mitsie's ashes as anything but an honor. I agree, they are sacred and a privilege. I feel honored and blessed everyday, that she was my girl. I do feel humbled and grateful, that God gave me that gift. I will always feel that way. I just need to process and deal with my grief and sadness.
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #41 
Dai, My heart goes out to you. I'm so sorry for your loss. Spin sounds like she was very much loved.
Memories_of_Marmalade

Reply with quote  #42 

Dead BDoggie,

I completely understand. My comment was not just aimed at you, it was meant in general.

It is so easy for those of us in grief to lose our way along our journey. Some here won't even look at the container, box or urn the ashes of their lost loved ones have come in, or they still keep the ashes in the bag they were picked up in. To me, that will only prolong the potential grief and sadness.

I do get it. I know everyone processes grief in their own way, in their own time, but there are also tools that we can use and apply that, will help us with our perspectives and thus our individual healing. I thought my carbon stardust point was very valid, but no one seems to understand or care. I can't imagine anything being more comforting than the realization of we and our pets being born from stardust. It is extraordinary and miraculous. 

All best,
James
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #43 
It's all good James. Mitsie's ashes are in a place, where she can watch over us and we can see her.

Your posts are always helpful and well intended. And appreciated.
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #44 
Today was a step back for some reason. Can't pick out any one thing, just sad and missing my girl all day. My wife seems better, now that we have Mitsie's ashes home. Of course she tries to be strong for me, God bless her. Tomorrow is another day. Good night Mitsie, my sweet girl.
Bdoggie

Reply with quote  #45 
Yesterday was two weeks, since Mitsie passed. Tears flowed freely. Still after two weeks, trying to process everything. Right now, just numb.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.