Forum

Author   Comment   Page 3 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   6   Next
Ashmonster

Reply with quote  #31 
Omar, I too am logical adult and also understood I would loss my fur baby too, but that is not helping me with his sudden passing. No kids so I showered my love on my Milhouse. He was there for me for so much of my life it doesn't feel right now without him. I am definitely struggling and tears come easily and often. It is helpful to be on this site because unless you are lucky enough to have that treasured bond one doesn't understand how much it can hurt when it is gone. Take care. I will be praying for you...you are not alone.

Reply with quote  #32 
Ashmonster,

Thank you SO much for the kind words.

It definitely has been a hard journey. One that I NEVER foresaw myself taking this early in life.

Cancer can definitely kiss my ass!!!

Thank you again
Buddysmama

Reply with quote  #33 
Omar
I just saw the photo of Emma. What a stunning pup! And the sheer happiness on her face....the happiness that comes from not just giving unconditional love but getting it back in return. I read the beautiful tribute you wrote. It was so nicely written I could visually picture your Emma doing all the things you wrote about as I read them. Although she didn't live the length of life that one would have hoped, she lived a quality of life unsurpassed by most. I bet she's getting high fived paw style up in Heaven by every dog she meets saying....you were truly blessed to have such amazing parents.
Claudia
OmarR

Reply with quote  #34 
Thank you much Claudia!

It does really mean alot to me!
OmarR

Reply with quote  #35 

Some of Emma's pic over the years.

E01.jpg  E02.jpg  E03.jpg 

OmarR

Reply with quote  #36 
E05.jpg 
Ghausman

Reply with quote  #37 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my bestest friend on July 30th. My Charlie was 12 years old with diabetes and blind .. However you would never know he was blind or sick. Up to the last days of his life he was the most loving baby .. I'm all alone and he was my world. I feel like everything is so out of focus. I don't know what to do with myself. I carry around his ashes with me and talk to him everyday. I cry nonstop and begging for him to come home. I don't even want to come home anymore because the life is gone in here. He was my joy , my companion , my bestest friend. Please help me try and cope with this loss. I'm feeling helpless and lost without my Charlie
OmarR

Reply with quote  #38 
Ghausman,

It does get a *little* better, but at the 10 day mark (which is where you are at roughly) I was a complete mess. Didn't want to continue life. But bit by bit, day by day, you pick yourself up and keep going.

I am so very sorry for your loss.

We are all here for you.

Omar.
CKMP

Reply with quote  #39 
Omar,
Emma is absolutely beautiful.  I always look at the eyes - truly the 'window to the soul and spirit' - and your last picture shows nothing but pure contentment and love in her face. . . A wonderful tribute too to your girl.  This journey is one we know is inevitable but are never ever prepared for this, nor are we often aware of the depth of our connection and bond with our special fur one. . .
It is so good there is a supportive pet loss group near you - where I am there is really a void - truly very little exists for this.  Surrounding yourself with others who truly understand is so strengthening in understanding ourselves, this process and the impact our special companions have on our lives.  Truly we are changed.
Wishing you those moments of calm and strength where Emma's spirit surrounds you and wraps you in the warmth of her love and companionship.
Jody

Reply with quote  #40 
Aww Omar, those pictures look the exact same way my Tony was with me. I called it the moon eyes! He was a big baby like Emma. I am sorry you lost her. She was absolutely beautiful. My heart breaks for everyone on here but also gives me comfort to know we all feel the same...heartbroken
cherylp

Reply with quote  #41 
Oh my. What a beautiful dog. I just lost our Maltese Sparky 5 weeks ago suddenly. He just turned 15 was in perfect health then for some reason he went into chf and died in my arms. I am still in a fog. Devestated. Crying daily. Ive even missed work. Im glad we both found this forum. Sounds like we need it. hugs
OmarR

Reply with quote  #42 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghausman
I'm so sorry for your loss. I just lost my bestest friend on July 30th. My Charlie was 12 years old with diabetes and blind .. However you would never know he was blind or sick. Up to the last days of his life he was the most loving baby .. I'm all alone and he was my world. I feel like everything is so out of focus. I don't know what to do with myself. I carry around his ashes with me and talk to him everyday. I cry nonstop and begging for him to come home. I don't even want to come home anymore because the life is gone in here. He was my joy , my companion , my bestest friend. Please help me try and cope with this loss. I'm feeling helpless and lost without my Charlie

So sorry for your loss of Charlie.

Please hang in there. I know it's hard, since I am there myself. Do you have a pic of Charlie?
OmarR

Reply with quote  #43 
Just passed the 2 month mark.

It's still hard for me, and it's still a struggle.

Hopefully everyone else is doing ok.
catman13

Reply with quote  #44 
Hey OmarR. Today marks 3 years since I lost my cat.  His name was Grady and he was the sweetest of cats.  His passing was sudden and unexpected.  I went to feed him breakfast and found him lifeless.  He meant a lot to me.  I have not posted on here in over a year and I'm glad to see the site is still here for all who need it.  I felt compelled to come on here and say to everyone that although it is so very hard at first to accept and live with your loss, it does get easier.  You will never forget your pet nor the time you had together.  I am saying this because when my Grady died, life felt so empty without him.  Eventually, you learn to cope with the loss and start to move on.  Again, today is the 3 year anniversary of my cat's passing and I still miss him at times.  I still have very fond memories of him and that is what matters most. As long as you have those memories, your pet is still with you in a way.

Be at peace

Reply with quote  #45 
Thank you for the kind words, Rodney!

I went thru the forum and read about your journey.

I am so sorry that you lost Grady at only 9, roughly half of his life-span. Just like Emma, she lived only half, possibly even just one-third of her lifespan.

My wife also does not understand or empathize. She also feels I should "be over it" by now.

But Emma was my big baby. She was a part of my daily routine. Just like I am sure Grady was a part of your daily routine. If you can look back and remember how much grief you had at the 2 month mark, I am definitely living it. :(

And I know that when I start to get better, I will probably lose it again:

Dec 9th, her birthday
Whenever the first snowfall hits, since she was a siberian husky.
June 16 - the day she passed away
July 4th - she always crawled to us and hid with us in bed due to the fireworks.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.