Forum

Author   Comment   Page 2 of 6      Prev   1   2   3   4   5   Next   »
maryellen1952

Reply with quote  #16 
My Pekingese dogs only 5 years old and in perfect health had the same problem affecting his heart and after surgery to remove his spleen the pathology report was similar to lymphoma diagnosed as hemangiosarcoma.  Most of those types of cancers are insidious meaning they develop without warning and are very difficult to diagnose and prognosis is not very good despite treatment.  Like you I have no children and was devastated when he died so suddenly.  Apparently with those types of cancer there are little or no diagnostic tests so it makes it even more devastating.
phalaris14

Reply with quote  #17 
 Dear Omar,
  So sorry for your loss.Today marks the 31st week without my beloved Lady. For me, the hardest part is coming to terms with... "That which is no longer " I still miss her so very much.The first few weeks were simply terrible..... no sleep, severe depression, guilt over wondering if I did the right thing, and etc. Slowly but surely, time has lessened the severity of sadness.... but the sensation of losing such an integral part of my life still remains. Some weeks are better than others. I still break down into uncontrollable sobbing at least twice a week. I find myself saying out loud (sometimes shouting ) " Lady, I Miss you and love you so very much" at least ten times a day.
 Some of the things I have found to help are as follows:
  I keep Lady's ashes in a velvet bag sitting on her Eames chair. When I really need her, I hold the bag to my heart and talk to her. I also have her final paw print in plaster. It helps to gently follow the outline of the impression... knowing that it was the last thing thing she touched.
 Coming to this site helps very much. Knowing that others feel the same about their pets is comforting.
 Recently, I went to the pound and adopted another dog. I must admit that my feelings for the new dog do not begin to equate to the feelings I have for Lady. It is not that I don't love him..... but more that Lady was that one "special dog " that God gave me. 
[12492002_1032450123485792_6306865290917356270_o] 
  I hope my experiences help you through your journey of sorrow. It is true that this is a club I never wanted to join... but always knew that I would be a member.

Bret

Reply with quote  #18 
Hugs....sorry for your losses... Yes heart problems suck!! My beloved 2 yr old was a therapy dog to everyone he met and suddenly had a heart attack 20 days ago. We are so shocked still but this site helped me tremendously. Thank you all for sharing your experiences!!

Attached Images
jpeg 1469622716810.jpg (64.19 KB, 7 views)

OmarR

Reply with quote  #19 
Bret & Maryellen,

Thank you for the kind words!

Brett, I also have Emma near me. She is in a nicely carved wooden box. I look at it. I touch it. I cry untcontrollably. We also have her paw print as well.

I just wish I could hug her again. I wish I could ask her for "kisses" again. I wish she would hog the bed at night again.

These are really, really, tough times for me.

6 weeks yesterday.

Omar.
frostymommy

Reply with quote  #20 
Hugs Omar.....same here. Pretty wooden box n paw print. 3 weeks today.
OmarR

Reply with quote  #21 
Thanks, Soph!!

I hope this week...has been kind to you. I will admit, you seem so strong for everyone else. But i have to remind myself that you are healing as well. HOW ARE YOU DOING?

BTW, I have found 2 different 'Pet Loss Grief Support' groups that meet in my city the first week of each month. I actually find myself wishing that they met once per week.

If anyone is interested (in their own city), you should contact the Humane Society, your local vet, or even googling for your local info.

I have an assignment due next week. I have to write Emma's obituary. I will cry uncontrollably when I write it. I will most likely cry uncontrollably when I read it to the group. I think someone else may have to read it at the meeting. But I get it....it's to find a way to get through my grief and come out alive.
middleway

Reply with quote  #22 
Emma is a beautiful dog and it's clear that she was loved very much.  I recognize a lot of the things you're going through in myself, as I lost my 14-year old Lab 3 days ago.  In my case it was a decision I had to make due to his quality of life.  Very different circumstances than yours, but the same grief.  I'm also a man in my 40's and have been struggling with sleeping, eating, and sobbing fits since then.  This is a great place to come to express your feelings in a very supportive environment.

Please take care of yourself the best you can.  The pet loss support group sounds like it will also be a great help.  
frostymommy

Reply with quote  #23 
Thank you for sharing! Yes today I did better! I actually got a happy meal and the prize is a little white puppy in the box! Isn't Frosty so funny for these silly signs? Wow the support group sounds great, I will look into it! I wrote my obituary for Frosty on my Facebook. 10 days of tribute, very hard but glad that I could share them. Please knows that I am praying for you and let me know how the class goes! Sorry for your loss, middleway....everyone here are my angels!
shantismom

Reply with quote  #24 
I wanted to reply to something I saw that you asked on a different thread.  You wanted to know what the pain is like after a year.  I lost my cat 21 months ago, it was a terrible heartbreak for me.  I would say that the pain did ease some after a year but this past 9 months things have improved much more.  I think the first year you go through all the first without them, their birthday, holidays etc where now they are not there to share them with you but after the first year it gets easier.
You will not be in such pain after a year, after a while the gaping hole becomes just a smaller empty spot.  You don't expect to see your baby and life without them becomes a little more normal.
I have to say though that I don't know if we ever get over the loss completely.  I still miss my Shanti and there are days still when I just think of him and the tears come again.

Reply with quote  #25 
Thank you for your sharing shantismom! This gives us hope!! Hugs!!
OmarR

Reply with quote  #26 
Shantismom,

Thank you for the kind reply.

I pray to God that is does get easier and that the pain lessens overtime.

I DO know one thing; I will NEVER forget my Emma....even until the day I die.

Omar.
OmarR

Reply with quote  #27 
My 2nd meeting of my "Pet Loss Support Group" meets tonight.

I am hoping that with each meeting, and with each day, i come a little closer to healing the hole that is in my heart.

Omar.
CKMP

Reply with quote  #28 
OmarR
Just wondering how you are doing?  And how the pet loss support group has been?  Life changes doesn't it . . . it goes on yes, but does so differently. . . Hoping Emma has been near to you and has given you an opportunity for some special moments once again.  Take care.
OmarR

Reply with quote  #29 
Quote:
Originally Posted by CKMP
OmarR
Just wondering how you are doing?  And how the pet loss support group has been?  Life changes doesn't it . . . it goes on yes, but does so differently. . . Hoping Emma has been near to you and has given you an opportunity for some special moments once again.  Take care.

Thank you for asking, Magg's mom.

I am holding on by a thread. Every day, I get a little bit stronger.

The Pet Loss Support Group is great. I highly recommend going to one if you can. It is like this forum, but you are face to face with people that are experiencing everything that you are. Its surrounding yourself with people that....understand.

In this world of 4 billion people, you have all types of people with all different kinds of love. Some love their human family, some love their cars, some love themselves...and than we have "us"..the ones that love their pets more than they love themselves. Being in a room like that really makes you feel like you are not alone.
OmarR

Reply with quote  #30 
I almost forgot....I had to write Emma's obituary for the Pet Loss Group:

Emma Rose Romero was born on Dec 09, 2010 in Indianapolis, Indiana. She is survived by her mother, father, and her sister (from another litter) Tulip. She is also survived by her Aunt Sylvia, Aunt Angie, and as well as her best friends Niko & Leylah.

She came to live with her mom and dad 6 weeks later. The first night with us, we tried putting her in the kitchen, with a bed and protected by a baby gate. She whined & cried so much, that dad finally gave in and brought her to bed. In the morning, mom was completely covered in urine. Emma knew from that moment on, she would be a princess and would probably get away with anything she wanted.

Emma grew up in Westfield, Indiana, where she loved the snow but was not fond of the humid & hot summers. Emma was also never fond of getting wet, so baths were not her favorite pastime. She would constantly chew on any wood, as well as dad’s fingers, during her teething age. When Emma was 8 months old, she met her rescued sister Tulip. In true sister fashion, Emma and Tulip loved each other and also got on each other’s nerves. For the next 5.5 years, they only spent 2 nights apart.

Emma never knew a hard day in her life. She always had a choice of couches, ottomans, and king sized beds to sleep in, so she never knew the meaning of frostbite. She never knew what it felt like to sleep outside and she always had the pleasure of an air-conditioned house. Emma never went a day without fresh filtered water and she never knew what it meant to go to bed without a full dinner and treats. A doggie door and a fenced yard always gave her the freedom to come and go as she pleased.

Emma loved going to the dog park 3 or 4 times per week, walks around the neighborhood and walks in Cool Creek Park. She also loved eating small pieces of steak, sushi, and Mcdonalds hamburgers with no onions. For dessert, a small scoop of vanilla ice cream was the best. Her best trick, when asked “show me what you want”, was to nudge the kitchen pantry door for a treat. For her second trick, if she wanted her head scratched, she would not hesitate to nudge you with her nose until you obliged her.

Emma loved her mom more than anything. No one came before mom. They had a bond that could never be broken. Dad was always proud of their bond, and it was this bond that made him realize the he loved Emma more than he loved himself. It was truly unconditional love.

On June 15th 2016, Emma passed away due to complications from cardial lymphoma. She was five and a half years old. It was a peaceful passing, surround by some of the best doctors that Purdue University has to offer. She will always be missed and never forgotten
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.