Forum

Author   Comment   Page 1 of 2      1   2   Next
leepatin

Reply with quote  #1 
I am a loss for words.. I lost my dog suddenly last Wednesday and I am been a complete mess.. I have been drinking and trying to numb my pain but it is only making it worse. I need some comfort from anyone that is going through what I am going through.
neesy369

Reply with quote  #2 
So very sorry for your loss leepatin. It's so very difficult to lose them. It will get a little easier, but the pain never truly goes away. We learn to push truly it day by day. I lost my soul dog Sammy 9 months ago yesterday and as I was grieving his loss 3 months later I lost my swwt little kitty Mimi suddenly. My little Chiwauwa had surgery last Wednesday to remove a nast cell tumor and I have to wait a week to get the results back to see if the tumor is high grade or low grade. I dont know if I can handle losing another furbaby this year. My heart goes out to you and everyone on this forum understands the pain you are going through. Prayers for your healing.πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸ™πŸˆπŸΎπŸ•β™₯️🌹
leepatin

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you Neesy I am so sorry you had to go through 2 losses and I prayer for your little baby. I know time heals it just hurts so bad as you know. I have his blanket that I have been sleeping with because it smells like him.. I want to get another puppy but I do not want to feel like I am replacing him so I guess I will know when I am ready. for the first time in over 20 years that I have not had a dog or cat in my house. It is very quiet and lonely.. Thank you again for your kind words and I will pray for your little baby   
creole54

Reply with quote  #4 
Lee-I understand how quiet and lonely you must feel.  This is the first time in my life that I've ever been alone.  I feel like I"m living in a tomb.  I, too, sleep with Daisy's blanket and search for things that smell like her, and cry myself to sleep every night.  There's really not a lot that anyone can say or do to make it better for you, except that the pain will eventually lose it's sharp edge.  I'm so sorry for your loss.

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you Teri and yes I am waiting for him to just walk back in.. I think I was more connected to him than humans at times. Their love is just so unconditional and the bond I shared with him was so special. I delivered him and his sister they were twins in one sack. I raised his mom and dad as well. After a 15 year breakup I took him with me and he went through all my tears and everything else that came with it. He was my rock and now he is gone and for the first time I feel so alone. I am sure with time it will be easier and it is just so fresh and his passing was just so unexpected. But I guess nothing prepares us for this whether it was sudden or you have to make a choice to let them go. Either way it is just an empty pain that stings really bad... 
neesy369

Reply with quote  #6 
Thank you Leepatin. Yes you will know when you arr ready. Our fur babies want us to be happy and you will never replace your baby. Your baby understands and they want us to spread our love through them.
neesy369

Reply with quote  #7 
I find that writing about them and to them also helps.
FClaire

Reply with quote  #8 
So sorry for your loss, I totally feel your pain. I lost my beautiful Ollie five weeks ago and I'm still struggling and cannot believe what's happened. Even though he had lung disease, he was coping or so we thought. Then suddenly after a normal day still doing all the things he loved, he collapsed that evening and we had to make that heartbreaking decision the next morning to let him go😒 The house feels cold and empty and so does my heartπŸ˜’πŸ’” All I can say is keep coming on here for support, everyone understands what you are going through. So sorry xx
Flkeysgrl

Reply with quote  #9 
I lost my Nala Saturday. She was 13. Absolutely amazing dog. I feel your pain. I've stopped breathing a few times from the pain your not alone.
leepatin

Reply with quote  #10 
I am so sorry to here your loss OMG! I wish they could live forever.. I too have stopped breathing I was crying so hard. I am just so lost without my baby boy.. :(
Eileennellie

Reply with quote  #11 
I am so sorry, I know exactly what you are going through. I lost my Dobie suddenly just over two years ago, and I would have drank myself numb, had I not been 5 months pregnant. He was only 8 1/2, he had a fatal heart arrhythmia and just fell over dead at the trainers. We rushed him to the vet, but he was gone before he hit the ground. Then my 12 1/2 yo female, Paris, had to be let go 3 months later. We didn't even know anything was wrong until a few weeks before that. Still couldn't drink, was almost 9 months pregnant. So I just cried. A lot. And looked at tons of pictures of them, and talked about them as much as possible. Then I had a baby to keep me busy, so I would suggest finding something to keep your mind occupied. It sounds like it would be hard, but being around other dogs can really help. Volunteering at a shelter or rescue, maybe.. I love cats, so I would have found that an easy way to start, if I wasn't ready to be around dogs yet. Mostly, time helps. We got a new puppy a few months ago. I still have rough moments, but they are very brief, and usually I smile whenever I think of Dobie and ParisπŸ™‚ I do keep their pics in my car so I can always see them, and they will be my phone screen savers forever, I'm sure, but I am fine with everything now, and eventually, you will be, too. It's just really hard at first, and despite how it feels, you will survive this.
leepatin

Reply with quote  #12 
Thanks Eileen, today is one week since he passed and has been hard. I am so sorry about both of your fur babies I couldn't even imagine. And I am sure your new baby brought much joy and occupied your mind for sure.. It does help to stay busy as I have been doing. Trying to get off my previous schedule seems to help. I work from home so he was my buddy all day long and the house is so quite in the mornings and lonely to say the least. I appreciate the kind words and I was thinking of volunteering at a shelter as well as getting a kitten.. πŸ˜‰ It still so fresh and still hard for me to believe he is just gone and never coming back, that is the hardest for me to accept. Thanks again..
BorderCollieLover

Reply with quote  #13 
Dear leepatin:

I am really sorry that you are going through this.  I'm quite sure that you are experiencing the full range of emotions. It's very therapeutic to be on these message boards and express your feelings. We're all here to support each other. My beloved dog (age 18) just passed a few days ago, so I'm feeling your pain. I,too, work at home and the house just seems empty now. Hang in there and things will start to get better. All the things that you are feeling (sadness, depression, numbness, etc.) are perfectly normal. Just get them out into the open, don't bottle them up. Stay strong. We're here for you. 

Reply with quote  #14 
Hi Jim I am so sorry for your loss too! I sometimes think that I love animals more than humans with their unconditional love. But yes this sucks beyond words and your correct it has helped me so much being on this forum. And this is the first time in over 20 years that I have not had a dog or cat around. So that has been an adjustment as well. I have hope that I will have another fur baby soon but just do not feel like I am ready to let go of my little guy yet. Anyway thank you and hang in there too! 
Olvera

Reply with quote  #15 
I wish I could say the pain you feel will go away, but I've not reached this point. I lost my dear Angel puppy dog just a few weeks ago. August 7th. I do know exactly the depth of your sadness. The only comfort I have found is knowing that I was no alone. No you are not alone. I wish that I could put my arms around you right now. My heart sincerely goes out to you.
Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.