Julls
I lost my devoted little dog of 17 years last Friday. I’ve cried every day since and can’t move on. I’m waiting for his ashes to be returned next week. He’s left the biggest gap in my life. 😥
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
So sorry for your loss Julls. I have cried for 3 days since I lost my furbaby on Thursday. They do take a piece of our heart with them. I am lost without him as well. My heart goes out to you. Hugs, Becky
Quote 0 0
creole54
Becky & Julls- I'm so sorry for both your losses. It's been a month ago today and I'm still grieving the loss of my Daisy.  I still cry every day, but at least it's not all day, every day like it was in the beginning.  Both of your grief is so fresh, no one expects you to 'move on' this early.  I can't really give you any advice on how to make it less painful, but for me it was helpful to come on this forum and realize that what I was feeling was normal.   Hang in there....
Teri Milbourn
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Thank you for your kind words Creole. I am so sorry for your loss of Daisy. Unfortunately there is no words that will make our pain go away soon. I want to speed up this process but I know I can't do that. I am grateful for this site as it is helping me with people like you. Thank you. Hugs, Becky
Quote 0 0
Muki
I'm so sorry for your loss Julls. I wish I could give you some advice, but for me it's been 2 months since my little shih-tzu passed and I'm still hurting and crying. They become our babies and a huge part of our lives. Hard to even know how to live without them. The pain is so intense, nothing is the same without them. At least I'm glad this site exists, sometimes it makes me cry even more to read some posts here, but at the same time it makes me see that there are others who feel the same way I do....it is normal to feel how we feel and the support here is amazing. Unfortunately I have nobody around in my life who understands how I feel, so coming here is the only time I get to really express how I feel without having to hear things like "why are you crying" and "it was just a dog". Lots of hugs for you. I hope this site helps you, it won't take the pain away, but at least you can share your feelings here without being judged
Quote 0 0
Julls
Thank you Becky, soo sorry to hear about your loss too... It’s just going to take a bit of time to heal the pain. People say, sure go and get another dog!! That’s not what I want to hear.. I couldn’t have another dog as the pain is soo bad when they go. I would never find a dog that would ever come close to my wee Nip.
Sending you huge hugs too x
Quote 0 0
Julls
Thank you Creole54 and Muki,
Soo sorry to hear about all your losses..I stumbled across this site and glad to know that there are people out there to talk to when your heart is heavy. Sending you both huge hugs as well. Take care x
Quote 0 0
Deebee58
So sorry to hear of your loss but let me reassure you that time does ease the pain. I lost my beautiful little Staffy called Sassy in April and still break down 3 or 4 times a week but initially was breaking down 5 or 6 times daily.
3 months after I had lost my Sassy I got a dog from a rescue centre and dont get me wrong he will never replace her but he needed a loving home and I needed a distraction from the grief and suffering I was going through which was at its worst coming home to a quiet and empty house.
I have finally got over the feeling that I was somehow being disloyal to my Sassy but she will remain in my heart forever.
D a bryce
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Deebee, time does make the pain easier. You have honored Sassy by getting another dog that deserves a loving home like you gave to your Sassy. I too have always said no more but somehow they show up at my doorstep lol. Thank you for being such a caring person. Hugs to you and your furbaby. 💛
Quote 0 0