Siennia Show full post »
Nima
Hi Siennia,

i just read your story too and got my evening cry on.  Honey looks so gentle and smart and well behaved.
great pictures, i like the painting specifically. I am thinking about having my puppy painted on canvas or something too  except im not very talented so i havae to find a canvas shop and maybe have them print a picture on it.

thanks again for sharing your story,  i dont know if you ended up rescuing another puppy?  i cant even imagine going through this pain again, Biggie was my first dog, one day i just found an ad in the paper about some puppies at a farm an hour out of Vancouver and next day i had a chubby german sheph puppy that would eat till he gets sick and then eat more haha and before you know 10 years just the two of us lived a life together that i would do anything to experience another hour of it...

have a good night,
Nima
Quote 0 0
godiva
Hi Siennia,

What a beautiful dog!  Your story tore at my heart, but it was your quote that brought a tear to my eye.

"My dog did this amazing little thing, she existed, and made my whole life better for it."

An amazing little thing indeed.

Take care my friend,
~ Becky
Quote 0 0
Siennia
It's been 21 months today since I lost you Honey and I still cry very often and think about you all the time.  I will miss you till the end of my time.  <3
My dog did this amazing little thing, she existed, and made my whole life better for it. <3
Quote 0 0
Siennia
It's been 43 months and 20 days now.  I still cry often thinking about you.  I just wish I could have had the chance to say goodbye. <3  I'll miss you forever.
My dog did this amazing little thing, she existed, and made my whole life better for it. <3
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Siennia,
Honey was such a beautiful dog! The painting of Honey and pictures of her with your brother's dog are also adorable! They looked so happy together. Your story is heartbreaking - such a terrible tragedy! I am so sorry for your losses. Losing your mom, along with Honey, must have been devastating for you. Thank heavens Honey passed from smoke and the fire didn't seem to touch her. It really is remarkable that her collar was still in such good shape. I hope that things will start to get easier and the memories of good times shared with Honey will overtake the bad. My husband and I rescued an amazing puppy (Bailey) and he was with us for over 15 wonderful years. When I think of Bailey now, it is often with a smile - although I will miss him forever! You will get to that point but grief is different for everyone and there is no time limit. I am quite certain that Honey knows how much you love her and also how much you wanted to save her from that awful fire. I also believe we will see our beloved pets again and that is a comforting thought.
Wishing you peace,
MJ
Quote 0 0
Bono1983
This is such a sad story! She looked like a lovely dog!
Quote 0 0