dollypilson
It happened so fast. before Christmas 2019, he was hiding a little bit, still sleeping with me at night, but being oddly skittish...he was always a nervous boy, but even hiding from me? weird. then, we noticed one of his pupils on Christmas day was dilated, the other not. Only a few days after that, he started hiding even more, and seemed to develop a severe breathing issue. He was actually breathing through his mouth and panting. It kept getting worse, and, I'll keep it short, but on the 10th of January, 2020, he was euthanized. the vet thought it was polyps. it was not, and he recommended that if we were going to put him down, we should do it that day, while he was still groggy from the anesthesia.

I broke down sobbing like I had never before. He was my boy. It hurt so much to see Climber keep deteriorating, to refuse food. I wiped his nose a lot before his final vet visit. deep down, I knew on the 9th I should take some pictures of him in case he should go soon. I just didn't expect it to be that soon. He was only 8 years old! That's not that old for a cat! I hate cancer so much. No one deserves it. He showed no signs until it was too late...I want my boy back...

Sleeping in bed feels so empty without him. I leave room for him still if he wants to come sleep with me, even though he is gone. I was never really religious before this, but I keep finding myself asking at night, "why God? Why did you do this to him?" And I beg for a sign that he is ok. Just anything. It sounds so dumb typing it, but I would be ok with ghosts existing if Climber could provide me with something from beyond that he is fine and happy. I still have a pile of whiskers from him on my dresser. It hurts so much... I cannot eat much or sleep.

Has anyone here received a "sign" from their pet that they are ok now? Has anyone else felt this way?

Sorry if this is not the right category.
Quote 0 0
Sampson
My deepest condolences on the loss of your beloved Climber. Since animals hide their pain it would have been hard for you to see that he was suffering beforehand. The sudden loss now is so hard to deal with and so painful for you. You gave him a release from his pain and that horrible cancer. I’ve read posts from people here have written about signs. You could google this but ones that come to my mind are feathers, dragonflies, pennies even dimes. After losing my dog I found a dime in my car after I had cleaned and vacuumed it so I’ve no idea from where it came. I hope it was from my Sampson. I also hope you’ll get signs from Climber to let you know that he’s at peace. (((Climber)))
Sam
Quote 0 0
dollypilson
San, that is reassuring to hear. Thank you. Did not know about that. I'm very sorry about your Sampson. <3 The dime sounds very sweet, though. last night, when I was alone near the window he used to enjoy hopping on to, a drawer nearby slid open, fell to the floor, and scattered things. The drawer was already partially open, sure. But maybe it was him, jumping to his favorite spot again.
Quote 0 0