jadedreams
Well, this has been a very hard few months - in August I lost my boy Riley, my 22 year old Siamese cat.  Then just a week later I lost my other boy Harry to renal failure.  That left me with my 2 dogs and my sweet little girl Cleo.  I'm sorry to say Cleo got sick suddenly and ended up having an aggressive oral tumor, I had to let her go this Saturday the 23rd.   Even though it was right before Christmas and I knew it would hurt so much, I couldn't let her suffer since she was unable to eat at that point.

I cried and slept and hurt a lot that day, but since then I almost feel numb.  I spent time with my family over Christmas and did enjoy it, but the loss was there in the back of my mind & I felt the pain even surrounded by those I love.  Still can't believe I lost my 3 cats so close together.  My two huskies are being sweet & staying close by my side and I can tell they are missing their little buddies as well.   Just wanted to logon here where I will be understood and I know you all are wonderful, supportive group.

Jade
Quote 0 0
Chinadoll
I am so sorry for your loss, so near Christmas. Losing just one of our dear angels is enough, but to lose 3 in such a short time is so very difficult. Your love for your furry friends is so evident in your post. You have my prayers and my blessings as you go through this again. Bless you.
Charlie
Quote 0 0
jadedreams
Thank you so much for your kind words and prayers, yes it's been hard.  I've been more tearful today, it's also the anniversary of losing my brother 12 years ago.  So the combination of everything has put my emotions on edge.  

It still seems so sudden that I lost Cleo and even Harry (though that was in August), they both got so sick so fast and before I knew it they were gone.  With Riley I had 22 wonderful years with him and had a feeling his time would be soon.  One day he kind of looked up at me with that "Mom, it's ok I'm ready" in his eyes and I knew.  It hurt so much, but I knew and that gave me strength to let him go.

Cleo and Harry were brother and sister, 13 years old - much younger than Riley but not young cats either.  Still it just seems like I had an abrupt ending with them and I'm feeling the regrets of what could have been, missing more time I wish I'd had with them.

I know time will help ease the pain and someday just the love will remain, but for now it is one day at a time. 

Jade
Quote 0 0
Rafe
I'm so sorry for your loss I lost my love on 12/25 due to renal failure and other seemingly sinister complications I'm so so sorry for your losses I can't imagine how you feel as I feel like I'm losing my mind I am so glad I found this group as I really needed something my prayers to all your babies
Quote 0 0
elliemeewiz
I’m so sorry for your losses of Harry,Cleo and Riley. And your brother. How terrible. I can’t imagine losing them all so close together, that is devastating. I feel like 13 is too young too. My Angie was only 11 when I lost her. You had Riley for so long, that is so lucky. My Wiz was part Siamese and he lived till 18. I took him in from outside so I’m not sure how old he was when he found me, prolly 3 years. I know your pain very well, the missing them is so awful. I hope in time it gets better and it’s great you have your dogs to keep you company and comfort you. I’ve also had a lot of losses at this time of year and it is so hard. From winter to spring seems to be when it happens mostly. Hugs to you.
My beloved sweet Tess August 1999 - February 21 2001
My beloved loyal Byron March 1998 - April 28 2008
My sweet beloved girlie Angelina April 2001- September 2012
Me & my sweet beloved Wizberry forever 1998- April 21, 2016
My sweet beloved Snow Goddess Sybil girlie April 2001- May 11,2018
Quote 0 0