mylittlebittychase
Chase was & still is one of the loves of my life. He would have turned 17yrs old in November. He was a precious Pekingese that claimed my heart the moment our eyes met. I miss him so much & just want to hold & kiss him one more time. I keep playing Sunday over & over in my head....everything seemed like any other day...the morning & even afternoon too...it wasn't till early evening when my world crashed on me.
Chase was gone. I still cannot believe this is real. Chase was supposed to be a Highlander & be w/me forever. (Highlander was just one of the many nicknames I had for Chase).
My husband, Rob, loves all the Highlander movies & even the tv series...I watched the original movie & immediately started calling Chase my little Highlander, because I could NOT imagine him not being in my life.

I know my husband, Rob is missing Chase as well & he's been extremely supportive to me & I'm doing my best to be there for him....but Chase was mine...the BEST Valentine's Day 1998 present ever given to me from Rob. We were only girlfriend/boyfriend at the time, but knew we would be married some day. March 6, 1999 was that day. Chase was even in our engagement photos.

Rob & I now have 11 year old girl/boy twins....I actually had them believing that Chase REALLY was a Highlander & owned a platinum sword that he would only reveal when necessary. :)
My heart breaks all over again each time I look over at his favorite places to nap & he's not there.
Not hearing his little feet tap dancing across our hardwood floors....hence another nickname:
My Tiny Dancer (self explanatory)....some times, I honestly can't catch my breath.

I just want to hold him again & tell him how I loved him, will never forget him & how there will NEVER be another Chase. Thank you, Ginny for creating this site....a safe place for all animal lovers to let down their guard & reveal their feelings for their fur babies.

To those who read this, thank you :)

Wet puppy kisses to all......especially you, Forever my sweet Little-Bitty, Chase...I love you!!!

xo, Michelle
Quote 0 0
MonkeysMama

Michelle,

I am so sorry. I am so sorry you're going through this now. Thank you for sharing Chase with us. I hope you'll tell us more when you can. That's so amazing that you had so many years with Chase and that your children got to know him. That is so special. 

Last month my baby, my soul mate, my love, Monkey, a little deer head chihuahua was hit by a car when we were out of the country on vacation. I still can't believe he's dead. I still can't believe my son due in November will never get to know my best friend or who would've been his best friend. I still lose my breath and my heart still breaks when I realize Monkey isn't here in our home anymore, just buried in our backyard. 

I never thought I'd have to live my life so soon without him. I thought for sure we had 20 more years together. I had no idea our love story would be cut short so soon. It absolutely shattered me and I'm still trying to pick up the pieces. 

Every day is hard, some days harder than others. But its getting easier to deal with. And I can happily say there are times when I think of him that just make me smile instead of cry...he deserves that. 

I truly hope you find more smiles ahead but your journey on this tough road has just begun and I am so sorry for that. I'm sorry for your husband and your family. 

I'm so happy you're here and you've found this community. These lovings souls have helped me through these past weeks more than they know. 

Please know you are not alone. All of us are here for you. Please reach out when you need to or just write about your sweet Highlander whenever you need.

Sending all my love,
Angelena

Monkey
April 1st, 2011 - June 7th, 2014
Rest in peace my sweet baby boy, I can't wait to see you again.
Quote 0 0
MurphysMom_0831
mylittlebittychase wrote:
Chase was & still is one of the loves of my life. He would have turned 17yrs old in November. He was a precious Pekingese that claimed my heart the moment our eyes met. I miss him so much & just want to hold & kiss him one more time. I keep playing Sunday over & over in my head....everything seemed like any other day...the morning & even afternoon too...it wasn't till early evening when my world crashed on me. Chase was gone. I still cannot believe this is real. Chase was supposed to be a Highlander & be w/me forever. (Highlander was just one of the many nicknames I had for Chase). My husband, Rob, loves all the Highlander movies & even the tv series...I watched the original movie & immediately started calling Chase my little Highlander, because I could NOT imagine him not being in my life. I know my husband, Rob is missing Chase as well & he's been extremely supportive to me & I'm doing my best to be there for him....but Chase was mine...the BEST Valentine's Day 1998 present ever given to me from Rob. We were only girlfriend/boyfriend at the time, but knew we would be married some day. March 6, 1999 was that day. Chase was even in our engagement photos. Rob & I now have 11 year old girl/boy twins....I actually had them believing that Chase REALLY was a Highlander & owned a platinum sword that he would only reveal when necessary. :) My heart breaks all over again each time I look over at his favorite places to nap & he's not there. Not hearing his little feet tap dancing across our hardwood floors....hence another nickname: My Tiny Dancer (self explanatory)....some times, I honestly can't catch my breath. I just want to hold him again & tell him how I loved him, will never forget him & how there will NEVER be another Chase. Thank you, Ginny for creating this site....a safe place for all animal lovers to let down their guard & reveal their feelings for their fur babies. To those who read this, thank you :) Wet puppy kisses to all......especially you, Forever my sweet Little-Bitty, Chase...I love you!!! xo, Michelle

Michelle,

I'm so sorry for your loss of Chase. Your story about him is precious and lets the rest of us get to know who our furbabies are playing with at the Rainbow Bridge. I had a great deal of goofy nicknames for my Murphy, too, and he answered to all of them. I still hear him walking around the stone tiles, hear the tags on his collar jingling. It's impossible to believe that they're gone. How blessed we were to have been part of their lives and have them in ours.

Blessings to you and your family,
Murphy's Mom (Kathryn)
"Sometimes there is a dog who is so special, he is able to wrap himself so completely around your heart it is impossible to tell where you begin and he ends."  For My Beloved Murphy, 08/31/2004 - 06/18/2014

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/MURPH121/Resident.htm

http://s327.photobucket.com/user/kathrynbrown1626/library/?sort=6&page=1
Quote 0 0
Ktsa5463
I am so sorry to hear about your lost Michelle. I just lost baby girl precious my 6 1/2 princess .. I miss her so much I know how you feel. I miss the way she would hear her little feet tap dancing across our hardwood floors. I miss her brakes and how she would get so happy when should would see anyone or when me and her daddy got home and should would pick something up with her mouth and wiggle around in circles. I haven't and prob won't stop crying I miss her some much. I don't know how it happened both of my dog and I went to the park this morning and everything was fine both dogs were playing and running I saw some dogs in the distance she I was running trying to get my dogs attention I see one of my dog come running up to be and my baby girl lying on the grass I said come precious get up. And she isn't moving I then go up to her and she still not moving i try to left her up and she just flops over I then Start cry yelling precious please wake up I carry her to my car and she feels like a feather I rush her to the vet and they tell me that she's passed already I started balling my eyes out and now she getting cream acted and come home soon, this day is the worst day Iv ever had in my life , after I left the vet I went back to the park to Ask anyone if they saw and thing when I was there playing with my two dogs and one guy said that he witnessed the whole thing, and I found out that my younger dog that I got last year is huge way bigger then my angel and like they always have done since they been to getter run and play the guy say my bigger dog side swipe. My baby girl she is a small pit bull terrier so way smaller then my other dog, and that guy said that my previous got up wobbled a .little and sat down and claps right there on the grass, she sometimes like to find a spot in the grass and paw at it sniff it and then take her head down in the grass and roll around with your legs in he air. So when she was lying on the grass I thought she was just loving the grass after she does that thing with her nose and I then saw her not getting up that then I know she wasn't play thanks for letting me get all of this out , I am so sorry about your lost I know how you feel.
Quote 0 0