Tania_Marie
I’m so sad to have lost my cat Charlotte yesterday morning. She was a beautiful and vibrant 5 year old cat who we lost suddenly due to what the vet thought was a tumor/mass that erupted. She was in respiratory distress because her chest cavity was full of fluid. We did not know any of this until early yesterday morning when I heard her come to my room panting and gasping for air. We immediately took her to the emergency vet. After an x Ray it was discovered she had fluid in her chest cavity. They were to drain the fluid with hopes we could take her home and monitor her closely. Within minutes the vet came out to tell us that the fluid was blood — not what they had suspected. They recommended we put her to sleep. I stayed with her while they did it because I wanted to be there for her. I’m in tears as I write this because she was so young and it was so sudden. Every time I think about her I sob uncontrollably.
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Oh Tania I am so very sorry for your loss. Your Charlotte is a beautiful girl, it so much more sad when they are so young. I wish I could tell you that you will get over it, but the truth is that we learn to live with the hole they leave in our hearts. Time does dull the pain, but we will miss them forever. You did the right thing in helping her transition from this life into a healthy and happy life on the rainbow bridge. I know how much you miss her and the sobbing that comes with it. Posting here has helped me so much because everyone is so understanding and always offer words of comfort when you feel at your lowest. I hope you continue to post and I am sending you lots of healing hugs during this very sad time.
Quote 0 0
Molly24
I am so sorry for your loss! Charlotte is so beautiful! It is so painful to lose our loves. They are our babies and we take care of them the best we can. I know she left you at a young age but I am sure you gave her the best 5 years! Even though it hurts you did make the right decision. At some point you will reach the acceptance and be able to smile at the memories. It is true that you will always miss her but the pain will dull with time. I am at the 3 week mark without my kitty. I miss her like crazy. Some days are better than others but it has become easier. The best thing to do is talk about it and if no one else will listen we are all here in this forum. We all understand the pain.
Quote 0 0