Heidi_raye03
My 3.5 year old cat passed this morning. He was supposed to be okay. He had abdominal surgery 5 days ago, and was supposed to be out of the woods. He got his voice back last night and it may have been his way of saying goodbye but it doesn’t make it easier. We have 3 other cats and a dog and they keep looking for him. Especially our dog, they were best friends. I don’t know how to help him. I honestly don’t know what to write here, but I don’t have anybody to talk to. He was staying in my bedroom (I’m 16) and my mom went to wake me up for school this morning, touched him to say hello and said “Sid’s dead.” It was the worst way to wake up and now I’m scared to fall asleep. What if it happens to my dog too? He’s a year old and never had health problems but what if. I’m scared that Sid meowed last night and I didn’t wake up to be with him. What if he tried to tell me he wasn’t okay? I miss him so much and nobody understands. We tried so so so hard to save him and he was supposed to be okay. I can’t be mad at the vet because she tried so hard. I don’t know who to be mad at except myself. It was my job to take care of him and he died. Thanks for anyone who reads. I included the very first picture I ever took of him when we adopted him April of 2017.
Quote 0 0
CeeCeesMom
Dear Heidi, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat.  He looks very adorable in the picture you posted.  His death wasn't your fault.  It wasn't anyone's fault.  Just as with people, sometimes animals pass away unexpectedly.  I know it's not easy, but try not to dwell on the "what ifs".  
Quote 0 0
exburt
Heidi, you don't need to beat yourself up. Listen to CeeCeesMom.

You miss your kitty so much, and trust me, everybody on this site understands. 

All the best...
B Weinstein
Quote 0 0
3_cats_mom
Heidi, I am very sorry for your loss. You know that we can only do so much to save our love ones. As a furbaby owner, we'll always ask the question 'what if'. I have been there before. You have already done your part by taking him to the vet. The rest is really up to his health and fate. Pay more attention to your dog. Try to play with him and take him out more often. I think he would be fine with time, just like you. Be strong. I lost my baby over two months ago, and I am still sad, but I am better. 

Keep coming back here whenever you need support. 

Quote 0 0
BorderCollieLover
Heidi_raye03:

I am so sorry for the loss of your beloved cat. As some of the others who responded to you have said, sometimes our beloved pets just leave us unexpectedly. You said that you have other cats and a dog. Just hold them close and tell them how much you love them. They will help comfort you as you move through this. We're all glad that you came to this site as everyone here is going through the exact same thing. Post often and let us know how you're coping. You are not alone.

Jim
Jim Miller
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Heidi,
I am so sorry for your loss. It's not fair that your 3.5 year old baby passed away. My heart goes out to you. But you are not alone, you have us here. We know the pain is excruciating and your baby raye is not blaming you at all. They give us unconditional love and he wants you to be happy.
You can love and hug the babies you have now. They need you and you need them. They will help you through the process.
Please keep writing and let us know how you are doing. We all care for you here. Hugs xx
Quote 0 0