Forum

Author   Comment  
abcb

Reply with quote  #1 
I lost my wonderful cat suddenly last night. He started running or trying to run around unable to keep his balance and seeming to be in a lot of pain. Panting a little and vomiting. His right hind quarter was not working right. I rushed him to emergency and they said he had a blood clot probably from his heart and there was no hope. Pupils dialated with pain. He was a very healthy cat. I had to put him to sleep and now wonder if anything could have been done.

Susie_Squillions

Reply with quote  #2 
Dear abcb,

I'm so very sorry to hear about your shocking loss.  It's natural to question whether or not you did the right thing, especially when the end comes so quickly and dramatically.  I'm sure your vet would have done anything to help if it had been possible.  Cardiac conditions in cats often go unnoticed until there is a dramatic event like the one your kitty had.  I'm so sorry for your loss, and also for the trauma and shock you must feel now. 

I have sent a message to my angels kitties, Bingo (aka:King Bing, the God Cat) and Buddy Guy, asking them to welcome your guy to his new realm of eternal health and happiness.  He's your special angel and he will never be more than a whisper away from you.  I hope you will come back and tell us all about him and the wonderful time you spent together.  It helps so much to write about our best friends and to share their stories with others who really do understand the love we shared.  That love will continue to grow, I promise you.

You and your angel kitty are in my thoughts and prayers and I'm sending you a virtual shoulder to lean on.

"Memories of loved ones are like songs in our soul." Margaret Wakeley

T.J.'S RESIDENCY:
http://RainbowsBridge.com/residents/TJ006/Resident.htm

BUDDY GUY AYRES~LYNCH'S RESIDENCY:
http://www.rainbowsbridge.com/residents/Buddy128/resident.HTM

KING BING THE GOD CAT'S RESIDENCY:
http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/BINGO009/Resident.htm

In one of the stars, I shall be living.
In one of them, I shall be laughing.
And so it will be as if all the stars were laughing when you look at the sky at night.
~ The Little Prince, Antoine de Saint-Exupery
abcb

Reply with quote  #3 
Thank you for the compassionate reply. Trauma and shock is the word for it. His name is Cloud. He was the official greeter in my house. Loved company, the more the better and would continually make the rounds of everyone present head butting and purring. He always got under the covers when I would go to bed and hold my wrist between his front legs, give my arm a kiss and then lay his head on it and purr us both to sleep. Last night we had just gone to bed when it hit him. I don't know how I'm going to face that bed tonight.
Thanks for listening.
abcb
michaelmanning

Reply with quote  #4 
I am so sorry for your loss. I know how much it hurts! It wa two years ago today that we set our precious TT free. She is missed each and every day. The tears come less often, although today they flow. It does get easier as time heals your heart. May God bless you and yours and bring you peace.

TT's Dad always, and Mr. Higgins dad now.
abcb

Reply with quote  #5 
Thank you for your kind reply. This day is pure pain. I know you understand.
ABCB

lovemypets

Reply with quote  #6 

My heart goes out to you. So sorry to hear that you lost your cat.

rneuner64

Reply with quote  #7 
i am sorry for your loss abcb, it has been just over a week for me since my guy tig passed away. he used to sleep with me the way you described except he would lay across my arm and put his head on my pillow. he would only do this when i was in bed alone, weekend mornings were our time together and also when i would be off from work during the week...now our house seems so big, empty and cold
carverman

Reply with quote  #8 

I am so sorry for your loss as I am going through grief as well
and it isn't an easy burden to bear. 
I will be feeling it for a long time, even though Boots is in a better place.   Making the agonizing decision to allow our
furbabys to pass over the Rainbow Bridge is a very difficult one,  and sometimes we tend to wait too long, hoping for a miracle..but in order for our beloved pets to cross, we ourselves,  need to be prepared and cross our own
bridge..the bridge between our human emotions, denial of
what is happening and coming to grips with finally making that decision for them out of love and respect for them.

When we can do that,  it is a much better dignified passing for them than if left up to nature to take care of it..because
nature doesn't always do it with compassion and dignity.

michaelmanning

Reply with quote  #9 
Dear Carverman,
your comment was one that touched me deeply as it says exactly how I feel. It is so very hard to do The Right Thing by letting our beloved furbabies go. As I said in TT's memorial.."We traded her pain for ours" It was the right thing to do.
TT's Dad always..Mr Higgins dad now.

sweetpea1066

Reply with quote  #10 
I am so sorry for your loss. Last night I also lost my beloved black cat Renly to a blood clot that paralyzed his back legs. Our vet said we would try blood thinners to try and help him pass the clot but they only triggered a bigger one. He was on pain meds so I was told he was not in pain. I am devastated because this happened so fast. This time yesterday he was fine and happy and now he is gone. I am truly sorry for your grief and I am grieving for my little friend and understand at least some form of your pain.

Previous Topic | Next Topic
Print

Quick Navigation:

Easily create a Forum Website with Website Toolbox.