Shirl
My 11 year old Cairn Terrier Boysie had a stroke last night and lost the use of his hind legs, staggering around as though he was drunk. His eyes were also flicking backwards and forwards and he was shaking. I phoed the emergency vet but there was nothing they cold do so I sat up with him most of the night and got him to my vet first thing. He was put to sleep at 10am this morning.

My life and home now seem so empty and its awful to go to the vet with your wonderful dog and come out with just his collar.

I'm numb beyond belief currently. I did go into work but got sent straight home again. I guess I thought I'd be better off occupied.

Shirl
Quote 0 0
Dalidog
So sorry for the loss of Boysie.  There is nothing harder than losing that unconditional love and companionship.  Take time to grieve and do it as you need to.  There are no good answers, but we are here to listen to you and offer our support.  When you can, tell us about Boysie, post a picture when you can.  Talking about your baby and letting everyone know about him helps you and lets us all know about your wonderful companion.  Your Boysie is out of pain now and he is still with you.  He left that office with you, just in a different form.  He will send you signs.  Look for them, cherish them.  Been 8 weeks since I lost my Dali and the pain is just as much as the first day and I miss her more each day.  Take care of yourself and don't let anyone tell you how to grief for your Boysie.  Hugs and prayers to you and your Boysie.  I will light a candle for him at the candlelight ceremony tonight at Rainbows Bridge!

Dali, as much a daughter as any human...  pure love
Until we meet again

http://rainbowsbridge.com/residents/DALI003/Resident.htm

Quote 0 0
animal_qwackers
Truly sorry to hear about the loss of Boysie. It would be lovely to see some pictures of him when you feel ready. We are a good bunch on here, offering support when someone has lost a beloved friend. We are all suffering our own losses so know how you feel albeit your own grief is unique to you, and only you.

I have lost two myself this year, my cat in July, and my dog in September, and I'm still working through the pain and grief. It will take me a long while to accept what is. I lost my feline and canine soulmates and it doesn't just hurt, it crucifies! Nonetheless, I have to try and carry on. I will never forget my babies, they live in my heart every hour of every day.

Boysie will be with you always. He is in a different form now but he is still around. He is out of any misery and pain, bless him.

I wish you comfort and healing. Take care.

“Death ends a life, not a relationship.” – Jack Lemmon

Solly, Gonzo, Daisy-Mae, Ebony, Jerry, Tigger, Bonnie, Suzy, Cleo, Spike, Sooty, and Tibby – dazzling lights that will never fade. Adored, cherished, I was privileged to know you all. Until we meet again, my beautiful babies. Bowls of love and cuddles, your ever-loving, devoted Mummy xxxxxxxxxx

Quote 0 0
Shirl
10701952_564583403675985_4040333130630780980_n.jpg Thank you for your kind posts. It is all so raw for me currently and i'm still doing things like closing doors behind me, waiting for the barks when the doorbell rings etc and it hurts each time I realise its not going to happen any more. He was the most kind and gentle soul who ever lived and I used to enjoy him hopping up onto my lap and giving me loads of lovely wet kisses and cuddles, and awaiting me with his ball on my return from work each day. Shirl

10506751_564530360347956_2410604108572129463_o.jpg 
Quote 0 0
loft2111
he is adorable! His coloring is very similar to my Little Man.  Sorry for your loss, it will take a long time for you to feel okay, take time to grieve.  The best thing you can do is let your emotions out, do not bottle them inside.  I cried my eyes and heart out for a solid 6 weeks, there were moments I just stared yelling out of anger at why my baby was no longer with me.  Extreme to some but to me it helped relieve some of the sadness I had.
Quote 0 0
Shirl
Thank you for your kind words. He was a red brindle and yes he was adorable. Such a strong little man but gentle and so so kind. I have cried solid nearly all day and my eyes are so sore right now and still I don't think its enough for boy like him.
Quote 0 0
Ravensmommy
I'm so sorry for your loss. Please know that everyone here understands and sends comforting thoughts your way.

Hugs,
Ravensmommy
Mommy will always love you and keep you in her heart, my dear sweet Raven.
Quote 0 0
Katel
My heartfelt sympathies -  Boysie was so gorgeous.  Thank you for posting the photos so we can know who we are crying for as I weep when I read about loss of such precious babies.  There is a huge family of love here, it has kept me going,  so write as much as you want to when you feel like it., we are all listening.      Blessings and hugs
Kate 
Quote 0 0
my2girls
So very sorry for your loss. He is a very cute doggie.
Quote 0 0
Shirl
It was my first night coming home from work to an empty house tonight. No dog with a ball wagging his tail waiting for me. I sat and broke my heart on the settee. It hurts so much without him.
Quote 0 0
MissMyPup
Shirl, I know the feeling. My Baxter wasn't a loud dog, but the house seems to quiet without him snoozing in his bed. Too quiet. What has helped me is making a memory box for him. I put his leash, coat, and his favorite toys in it, then I wrapped it up with a nice ribbon and put a picture of him on it. It's sitting on a shelf now, and while my heart still hurts when I look at it, somehow making something for him is comforting to me. I may never give him a treat again, but I can do something to honor his memory. I hope your broken heart begins to heal soon. <3
Quote 0 0