Wallymommy
Wally was a so-called feral, trapped by a Walmart. He was an adult and I got him through a rescue 10 years ago. He loved EVERYONE and everyone loved him. He’s been battling cancer - chemo, meds, love and support but today I made the decision to let him go. I’m broken-hearted but I had to. His blood work cane back pretty bad for the first time, he hadn’t eaten in a few days and he was terminal when diagnosed.

I have other cats and a dog, but he was my survival boy.

Janet Hartleben
Quote 0 0
Sil
Wallymommy,

I am sorry for your loss of Wally.  Bless you for giving Wally a forever home, all your love and a fighting chance.  Wally looks like a king, happy, comfy, and loved.  You are not alone in this painful journey.  Everyone here has lost a very special pet.  Again, I am very sorry for your loss.  (((Hugs)))
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so sorry. While we love our other fur babies with all our heart sometimes one just captures our heart and soul so completely. Cancer is ugly and cruel. You certainly gave him the best of care. You’ve found a wonderful place with caring people going through the loss of their own beloved babies. Please keep coming back, writing to those who understand makes a huge difference. Take care,,,,,
I have to add, that picture just makes me smile
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
MAlcindor
Wallymommy, I am so sorry for your loss. The pain is no less no matter how many other babies we have. I wish we didn't have to say goodbye to any of them, but it is something inevitable. It hurts but such is life. You were very brave to end his suffering, I know he loves you for that. 
Quote 0 0
KarenE
Wallymommy,
I am so sorry for your loss of Wally and the pain you are now experiencing. You made a very difficult decision today based on love. Be gentle with yourself and let yourself grieve. Wally sounds like he was a very special cat. Cancer is an awful disease. We had to put our dog down 2 weeks ago due to cancer. We went the chemo, med route too. That in itself holds many painful memories. Keep coming back to this forum. There are caring and concerned people here who understand that special bond we have with our pets, and the grief that follows after we lose them. May you find some moments of peace and rest tonight.

Karen (Lambeau's mom)
Karen 
Quote 0 0
Bailey15
Hi Janet,
I think it is so wonderful that you rescued Wally!! I think you made the right decision to let him go even though I know it is such a difficult, painful one. I had to let my little dog (who was also a rescue) go for the same reason. I have to agree with Tankie12 - cancer is ugly and cruel. I'm so sorry for your loss!
Hugs, MJ
Quote 0 0