Bella2020

My best friend of 11 years, Bella, a Bijon/ Shih Tzu mix, suddenly passed away last night. We came home to find her limp and barely able to breathe. We took her to the animal hospital to find out that she has hemangiocarcinoma, a very malignant cancer that had metastasized through her body. One of the tumors had burst and caused her to bleed internally. They gave us the option of a $10,000 surgery to go in and try to stop the bleeding, with no guarantees of success. If the surgery had succeeded, she would have needed chemotherapy to be guaranteed 4 months at the most. We made the very difficult decision to put her down. We did not want her to suffer post-surgery, and sure as hell did not want to put her through chemotherapy just for a shot a 4 more months. I am completely devastated, as is my entire family. She was one of a kind, the most caring and loving dog ever. We never considered her a dog due to her eerily human-like behaviors, she was the center of our world at home and we were the center of hers. I have no regrets, we gave her the best life she could possibly have had and I made it a point to tell her how much I loved her and how much she meant to me on a weekly basis. I couldn’t fathom losing her so soon, and I am still in denial that she is gone. I am completely devastated and would do anything just for a few more days with her. The suddenness of the incident left us with only a couple hours to say our final goodbyes. I will never forget her, and she brought so many joyous memories to my life. I love her beyond words can describe, I am just having a very tough time accepting that she is gone. I would very much appreciate advice from anyone who has been through a similar situation. I miss her so much already, and am heart broken.

-E
Quote 0 0
Buddy_Mama
I’m so sorry about the loss of your sweet Bella. I’ve experienced everything you describe, and have had the same feelings of disbelief, denial, devastation and sadness. The following post especially helped me at one of my worst moments. I encourage you, and anyone else reading this post, to read it. ❤️
https://forums.rainbowsbridge.com/post/coping-with-grief-10108748

Take things one day, even one hour, at a time. And take good care of yourself, even if you don’t feel like it. Our babies would not want to see us upset or suffering, so this is a way to honor them. Sending you hugs...
Cindy (Buddy’s mama)
My baby Buddy 5/4/10-3/7/20, rescued March 2011
My sweet Mandy 11/27/91-11/2/10, rescued November 1992
My beautiful Barney 4/28/73-9/7/92, adopted May 1973
Quote 1 0
Bella2020
Your kind words mean more than you know, thank you so much for the support. I am so sorry that you’ve had to go through what I am experiencing now, but I am so glad that there are others who understand these feelings and are on here to support. I will surely take a look at the post, and can’t thank you enough for reaching out. Sending hugs back (:
-E
Quote 1 0