SummerSusie
I lost my best friend last night. She’s has hip dysplasia and we thought that’s why she was having a hard time walking. We thought the gabapentin or metacam was making her lose her appetite. She seemed fine Monday but yesterday morning you could tell something was wrong.
I had to go to my second day of a new job and I’m really kicking myself in the ass for going. My fiancé was home with her - thank god. I had to leave in the middle of the day, she couldn’t walk or per. We had to carry her on her bed to the car.
We took her to the vet and they thought she had spinal cord damage but he said it could be treatable - we had hope. But he said he couldn’t do it there, we had to take her to emergency clinic. We got her there and they took her in the back. They got her on pain meds and IV fluids right away.

We waited for what seemed like forever until they called us in to speak to the vet, she told us she had fluid in her belly and they were pretty sure it was blood but they needed to take a sample to make sure. They did and it was. They told us it’s probably tumours in her spleen but they needed to do a scan to make sure. They scanned and it turned out to be Hepatic nodular hyperplasia in her liver, some had exploded that’s why her tummy was filled with blood.

We had to make the worst decision of our lives and send her to doggy heaven. We told her how good she did and how much we love her. We thanked her endlessly which doesn’t even seem like enough. She deserved more. We deserved more time. We always thought it would be her hips.. we never expected this. It was so sudden.

She went peacefully and beautifully that’s the most we could do for her. I wish we could have done more. My fiancé works at an animal shelter so they get cremation and everything for free. The car ride there was shattering. I held her the entire way. Leaving her was even worse.

Entering the house for the first time felt so empty and that feeling hasn’t left and feels like it will never. I feel like I have no purpose anymore. She was my life for 7 years. Everyday. I went to work and came home for her, she deserved to always have us with her. I don’t regret it, I loved my time with her but I wish there was more.

I don’t know how to do normal things. I didn’t sleep a wink. I just cried.. I never knew you could cry for 24 hours. We find ways to smile and laugh when talking about her and then I feel guilty. I just miss her so much and I’m not sure how I’m going to live my life without her anymore.

People who have gone through similar things, how do you get through it? I’m broken and I feel like it will never get better.
Quote 0 0
BoxerMomForever
I’m so sorry for your loss. She was a beautiful girl! It’s the hardest thing to do, saying goodbye. I dreaded it with our girl in October. I knew she was suffering and had to let her go. Life is certainly not the same without them. House so empty. I sure understand what your going through. Hugs.... Try and think of the happy memories.
Linda *Mom to two boxer angels* Lily {White Girl} 6/22/09 - 10/14/19  ** Ginger {Flashy Fawn Girl} 6/4/97 - 5/28/09
Quote 0 0
GraWmJ
I am so very sorry.  I lost my little girl 3 weeks ago and it has been the hardest time of my life.  The first few days were so hard.  I cried, sobbed and was very depressed.  I still cry every day.   Nights are the hardest.  I had a friend who had gone through something similar and she has been so great to talk to and comfort.  I also gave myself permission to cry and grieve at will and not feel like I had to hide it.  Not that that made me feel any better, but it didn't add the worry of what others thought.   My house is quiet and I am lonely.  I feel like she is just temporarily gone and will be back soon, but then reality sets in.  I don't have a magic answer.  I don't know how I will survive either.  Only know that having someone to talk to that understands will help and that there are many of us who support you.  There pet support groups and counselors available as well.  I am still contemplating those.   Again I am so very sorry.  I know how heartbreaking and soul crushing it is.  I'm sure your baby knew and knows how much you love and miss her.  I pray in time that the good memories will help us both overcome our grief.  My thoughts and prayers are with you.
Will
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
I lost my boy 3 weeks ago yesterday and I am lost without him. My cat died in 2017 and now my baby boy. No one to sit on my lap, greet me at the door, lay with me in the bed. At least when my Moneypenny passed I had Cody. Now he is gone too and the house and my heart are so empty. People are saying that I should get another pet but there is no way. It won't replace either of my loves and I seriously don't think I can do this again. It hurts too bad and seems to get worse as I get older. 💔😭
Julie 💔
"Grief only exists where love lived first."
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
First of all she was a very beautiful pup...and she looked very happy. I cried when I read this because my baby girl kiki was sick and I had to put her down. It was so hard to move on. I never wanted to let her go but none of us are meant to live here on this earth forever, which sucks...It's been 3 months since she left and the tears have dried up a bit. I pray that you will get comfort and peace during this time.
Quote 0 0
GraWmJ
No words can take away any of the pain and anguish you're feeling.  I'm just so very sorry.  It has been 3 weeks for me as well.  I cry a bit less each day, but the hole in my heart is there and will be forever.  When I'm busy my mind doesn't dwell on things.. but at night or when I'm not busy it is so hard.  I talk to her and hold her blanket and cry.  I'm trying to find a nice trunk where I can place her blankets, etc. and create a memory chest.  I was looking for a frame for her picture but cried so hard I had to quit.  I know your anguish.  I know it doesn't help.  I just wanted you to know that there are others that understand.  We can listen; sometimes I think it helps.  Sometimes I just want a hug from someone that truly understands.  I wish us both peace and in time beautiful memories.
Will
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
GraWmJ wrote:
No words can take away any of the pain and anguish you're feeling.  I'm just so very sorry.  It has been 3 weeks for me as well.  I cry a bit less each day, but the hole in my heart is there and will be forever.  When I'm busy my mind doesn't dwell on things.. but at night or when I'm not busy it is so hard.  I talk to her and hold her blanket and cry.  I'm trying to find a nice trunk where I can place her blankets, etc. and create a memory chest.  I was looking for a frame for her picture but cried so hard I had to quit.  I know your anguish.  I know it doesn't help.  I just wanted you to know that there are others that understand.  We can listen; sometimes I think it helps.  Sometimes I just want a hug from someone that truly understands.  I wish us both peace and in time beautiful memories.
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0
codysmum102
GraWnJ I talk to Cody too and sing to him the funny little songs I made up for him. I hold his blanket tight next to me on the bed at night and pet it and tell Cody that he's such a good boy and that I will love and miss him forever. I'm giving you a virtual hug 🤗 and know you are not alone. I know Cody is no longer suffering and that is a comfort but the hole in my heart is so big I don't think it will ever mend. 💔😭
Julie 💔
--Franchesca Cox
Quote 0 0