tazmoe
Took my dog Kona to the vet yesterday. He had been suffering from kidney disease for the past year and a half. I noticed he looked really sad and sick so I figured he just had some sort of mild infection.

Doctor did blood work and confirmed Kona's kidney were pretty bad. We could have had him hospitalized for several days, but he would be back to being sick very soon. I decided I didn't want to see him suffer anymore, and I had him put down.

I have never felt the pain and sadness that I do now. Kona was my best friend. He was what I woke up with every morning, and who I went to sleep with every night. No matter how bad things got, I knew Kona was always there to cheer me up.

Kona I miss you so much. You will forever be in my heart. Thank you my friend.
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
I’m so sorry, I know the pain you’re in and it’s devastating. Renal failure took my baby, Tankie, as well. You’ve found a community of people grieving their losses as well and you will find much support here. Writing or just reading the stories here will let you know you’re not alone.take care,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
Thank you for the reply. Talking about it definitely makes me feel a tad better.

I attached a picture of Kona taken just three months ago at the vet. He was stable at the time and obviously still a happy pup. It's unfortunate how fast the disease can spread in such a short period of time.

Kona my friend, I miss you so much. You will be forever in my heart my little companion.
Quote 0 0
Wileykitten
Im so sorry to hear about your baby.. I understand as my Sevyn had CKD also.
Your heart must be so broken.. I will keep you in my prayers ((HUGS))
Quote 0 0
Tankie12
He is so beautiful. He doesn’t look very old, I mean for renal failure. Just so sad. I hope the night will be easy on you, Kona’s heart and soul will always be close to you as your love will be entwined for eternity,,,,,
Lynn, Tankie’s mom, forever
Quote 0 0
Rookiesmama
Tazmoe, the pain and sadness is like no other. Thank you for sharing the picture Kong, he sure was handsome!! Adjusting to sleeping/ waking without my boy has been an adjustment for me-i hope you're able to get some rest tonight.
Quote 0 0
tazmoe
Thanks for the warm support.

He had lost a substantial amount of weight since that picture was taken. It was very difficult cuddling him and just feeling the bones of his ribs and spine. It was hard to bear to be honest. That being said, I loved him to the very end.

Quote 0 0