djremole
Had to put my cat of 16 years down last night as she had cancer, It was the hardest thing ai have ever had to do and I am a huge crying mess. I've never joined a forum like this before but I have never felt pain or loss like this before and am hoping this forum will help. 
Quote 0 0
djremole
Cali was a diva and loved to be pampered. She had her favorite toy and blanket, which I kept. She loved ice cream and tuna, which I gave her on occasion. She always sat outside of the shower and waited for me. She was my little shadow. Even followed me to bathroom and would sit at my feet. She woke me up every morning at 7 to be fed ... when she didn't wake me up this morning, tears flowed before I even opened my eyes. She was the light of my life and constant companion for 16 years. I have no idea what I am going to do without her here. My house feels empty ... 
Quote 0 0
JerseyNonna
djremole, i'm so sorry to hear of your loss of cali and what a wonderful old age she was blessed to have!  please know what you offered to cali last night is the greatest gift of love any of us can offer to our loved fur-babies...a new freedom to be young, healthy and whole again without cancer, no more pain, no infirmities of age.  across the bridge i'm sure many of our loved ones were there to greet the diva herself and think of how beautiful she is again in her youth.  i'm sure her spirit has also been home checking in on you and that she will let you know when she is around.  each time I read a new story of loss the pain I feel becomes as real to me as my own pain at my service dog roxie's passing the evening after this Christmas.  it truly does rip our hearts wide open and the grief is sometimes so raw and overwhelming that it feels as if giant tsunami waves keep knocking us over.  let the tears come and go as they need to hon, it's cleansing as well as eventually they give way to just the love we shared without the sadness - though God knows we will always miss our loved friends to infinity and beyond.  we're here for you and you are among the finest people I have ever been blessed to know and I hope we can help you through this as they have helped me so far.  many many hugs to you!
JerseyNonna
Quote 0 0
djremole
Thank you. I hope you continue to heal after losing your baby as well. I swear I still see her peeping around corners of the house. Today I am struggling with having her cremated or going back to pick up her body and have her buried at the family farm. It's a 2 hour drive and I am not sure I am strong enough to make it. Maybe its guilt. 
Quote 0 0
Beaglemomma
Oh honey I am so sorry you lost your sweet baby.  I know how those tears can come before you even open your eyes.  I am there too as I think we all are here.  I wish I could tell you this will go away fast, but doesn't seem to work that way with these "once in a lifetime" pets.  I had a kitty who lived to be 20 and I lost her several years ago and it was terrible, but nothing like losing my Molly recently.  Strange because I have loved all my pets dearly.

I have never been part of a Forum either before this but you will find the most wonderful people in the whole world here.  Everyone is ready to help and comfort you whenever you need it and of course you do need it.  We all do.

I wish as do many of us here that it would be possible for us all to share in a group HUG.  The best I can offer is to let you know that I am holding you close and mixing my own tears with yours.  Take care sweetie.
Capture.JPG 
janice
Quote 0 0