Holly1988
Hey there

Last night I said goodbye to my gorgeous cavalier Fred, I've had him since I was a teenager and never loved anyone like I loved him, he was my baby . His death wasn't unexpected and I had time to prepare however the grief I am experiencing feels unbearable, I am so distraught I feel like I might be physically ill.

I knew it would be bad but I don't think I was prepared for this, the grief I am feeling is like nothing I have ever experienced, pure devastation.

I'm not really sure why I'm posting here to be honest, I'm just so so sad.

Thank you for reading.
Quote 0 0
chilover
I am so very sorry to hear about your beautiful Fred.
We all understand how much the grief is affecting you, he was your baby. I also felt physically sick and still do sometimes over the loss of my Chihuahua Daisy. Everyone on this forum understands your pain & can relate to what you are going through so please keep in touch with us on here because it is a warm supportive place of love and support & it will help you.

Hugs to you

Daisy's mum
Angelina
Quote 0 0
Holly1988
Thank you so much for your reply Angelina, your words have made me feel less alone. I'm so sorry to hear about Daisy.
Quote 0 0
Memories_of_Marmalade

Hi Jess,

Welcome to the Rainbow Bridge Forum despite the sad and heartbreaking circumstances. I am very sorry to read of your loss. I arrived here around 6 months ago. I had to put my best friend, my son, my brother, my comrade in arms, my love, my only remaining family (worth a damn) down. A proud, regal, loyal, loving, kind and tough as nails orange and white Tabby Tom-Cat named "Marmalade." He was becoming a shadow of his former self and I could no longer allow that to happen, not on my watch.

I have found this forum to be very cathartic in so, so many ways. There are many kind, understanding, loving, compassionate, sweet, witty, intelligent and insightful people here. Especially are grief veterans, some who stop by and visit years later. At times those in our regular, everyday lives don't fully understand the gravity of what we may be feeling or experiencing so they run out of things to say. So this is a good place to come to for support. There are wonderful and inspiring stories posted too and all kind of important information and guidance on how to best process and endure their grief. It is well worth it to visit various posts and threads and learn from others experience.

This forum is very much like group therapy in that we support each other through what we are coping with. It can make a huge difference to know that none of us are alone. Thank you for visiting. It can be very cathartic to help others by leaving supportive comments under their posts. Every supportive comment helps. It can quite literally be life saving.

Kind regards & my sincerity condolences,
James
Quote 0 0
Holly1988
Thank you for such lovely words James. I'm so sorry to hear about Marmalade.
Quote 0 0
Becky1990
Hello Jess,
I am so very sorry for the loss of your friend Fred. He sure is a beauty! Even though it wasn't an unexpected death, doesn't make it any easier. The pain is still excruciating. I loss my baby at 19 years old, knew it was coming, but wasn't ready for it. And we never will be. We love them deeply and it is a huge loss. Please keep writing your feelings here, because we do understand. The grieving process is so difficult. There are many supportive and loving pet people here that is going through the same thing. We are here for each other. My deepest condolences. Becky
Quote 0 0
Holly1988
Thank you for those lovely words Becky. I'm doing better today and was able to eat some toast. I've found for now it's best I don't think about him too much or else I crumble. I do hope the time comes when I can think about him and smile rather than weep.
Quote 0 0
Allie59
I'm so sorry for your loss Holly. Our furbabies mean the world to us, 100% are family, so when they cross over the rainbow bridge, the pain is unbearable, an emptiness only they can fill.

We lost our beautiful GS Nell Monday morning, it was kinda of expected too, she was 10, 11 next March 4th. As much as we prepare, or think we have, nothing can really prepare us for the absolutely heartache. I have found myself laying in front of the fireplace where her bed was, I can't move her water bowl yet, its still sitting on the fireplace, we had to feed her water through a syringe in the end. I miss her so much 😥

Again, so sorry about your furbaby. Take care Holly..😘
Quote 0 0
Holly1988
Oh Allie I'm exactly the same, I can't bring myself to remove his food bowl and every time I see it I break down. I'm so sorry for your loss. Having people like yourself that understand the pain makes it easier.
Quote 0 0
kikis_mom_1118
From that picture I can tell that Fred was awesome. I'm sorry for your loss. I just picked up my baby girl's ashes today. I started back crying again. I pray for your comfort
Quote 0 0
Holly1988
Thank you for such lovely words x I'm so sorry for your loss too.
Quote 0 0