Cheryllynn
Hi everyone. I'm new to the form .I just lost my Beautiful Brutus today around 3:00 pm. I have a very huge hole in my heart. I had 10 wonderful years with him. My Brutus had alot of heath issues ever since I got him. I keep telling myself that I gave him 10 yrs that someone else probably wouldn't. But it still does not help with the hurt. All of Brutus life he was allergic to any food I would feed him. If it was a grain issue then I would have it made but unfortunately it was a protein problem. When I discussed this with my vet I had to make the decision of either giving him the quality or quantity of life. I chose the quality of life so he was on steroids most of his life. Until about 3 yrs ago I had to take him off of it due to kidney failure. I new this day would come as the vet told me in Jan that his Kidney values were very High. I was not expecting what I experienced today. I was glad that he went very quickly and I did not have to put him down, and I was able to be with him as he went. R.I.P. Sweet Brutus and run free.
Quote 0 0
Ginger4256
Oh I am so sorry. I know exactly how you feel today. My boo died Thursday unexpectedly as well and I'm still an emotional wreck today. Just let it out. Nothing helps at this point. I don't know about a week from now or even tomorrow. You have my deepest sympathy
Boo' s mommy
Quote 0 0
Sooz
What a beautiful boy--I love his peek-a-boo tooth in the photo. I believe you DID give him more years than he would have had with someone else, and you were with him at the end, and I'm sure he felt you love surrounding him. I'm so sorry for your loss of your sweet boy, Brutus.
Heaven is the place where all the dogs you've ever loved come to greet you.
Quote 0 0
Cheryllynn
Thank you so much for the words. I'm so sorry for your loss also. I knew it was coming, but I was not ready for it though. The only satisfaction I get is I'm telling myself he is in no pain anymore. Again you have my deepest sympathy.
Quote 0 0
msweet13
Dearest Cheryllynn - I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Brutus. He is a very handsome boy!! I lost my Brutus 7 weeks ago and I am still having a very difficult time getting through the days. I struggle from day to day and I also keep reminding myself that he will not be in pain or suffer. I wish I can say something magical to make all the pain go away but there are no such words. Find comfort in knowing that the wonderful members on this site have walked the same miles that we are walking and have all been through it--some farther along than others. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Denise (Brutus' Mom)
Brutus von Dolce
06/19/2006 - 03/16/2018
RIP my sweet beautiful boy
Quote 0 0
Cheryllynn
msweet13 wrote:
Dearest Cheryllynn - I am so so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved Brutus. He is a very handsome boy!! I lost my Brutus 7 weeks ago and I am still having a very difficult time getting through the days. I struggle from day to day and I also keep reminding myself that he will not be in pain or suffer. I wish I can say something magical to make all the pain go away but there are no such words. Find comfort in knowing that the wonderful members on this site have walked the same miles that we are walking and have all been through it--some farther along than others. I wish you warm hugs and blessings of comfort.
Quote 0 0
Cheryllynn
msweet 13, Thank you for your Kind words I'm so sorry for your loss also. I tell myself every day that I know he is not in pain anymore. He had alot of health issues his whole life and I did the best I could when I had him. I had him for 10 wonderful yrs and I was able to be with him up until the end. You have my deepest sympathy for the loss of your Brutus and warm hugs and blessings of comfort that the days will get easier for me and you.
Quote 0 0