Nicki67 Show full post »
Nicki67
ScoutsMom

Thankyou so much, your necklaces are beautiful, and Scout and Banjo are too, I picked Bobby's ashes up from the crematorium and on the way home in the car I had them on the front seat and I kept talking to him on the way home, it was quite comforting.  It was when I got home and opened the little casket that I broke down as their was a lock of his hair in a little see through envelope and I took it out and held it to my face and the tears flowed, I have put the box on my bedside table so that he is close to me at night, and I am going to have a little locket to put his hair in to keep him close to me at all times. I am eating better now, and sleeping without the herbal tablets, so I think I am through the worst, but I still cannot walk my other dog Barney at the same walks we used to go on with Bobby as it is too painful still so I have to go to different places with Barney, he is still looking for him though. I hope you are feeling a little better, my love and hugs to you x
Quote 0 0
Nicki67
Catie

Thankyou for your support, and I hope you are healing too and you are getting over the loss of your little Marissa, we never get over them completely I know but with time the pain becomes less, I can only hope, but they are never forgotten because of the unconditional love they give to us, they don't ask for much in life, just love, warmth, shelter, food and water, and in return they are they for us always, the way some people can never be, my love and hugs to you, and thankyou xx
Quote 0 0
catiebee
Nicki, I know it's really hard, the starkness of receiving back the ashes. And I'm not surprised that you needed to cry upon seeing his lock of hair.  I am so sorry for all the individual things that open the wellspring of grief back up. It's good to hear you've been able to eat and to get some rest.  I hope Barney adjusts bit by bit and that the walks with him are not too painful. I can certainly understand needing to take a different for now. It all takes real time and real processing. Nothing instant or easy about any of it.

Thank you for your kind words to me. I am coming along.

I hope your weekend will go as well as possible. I wish you comfort and send big hugs!
Catie
-Missing Marissa deeply
Quote 0 0